cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
landerofzoo

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

Could someone please PM me Dorothy's contact information?  I desperately need to have dispute remarks removed from my Equifax credit report or I will lose the home my fiance and I love!  Please help!

Message 131 of 147
SashaDixon
New Contributor

PMed you lander. Hope everything works out!!

Starting Score: EQ: 645 TU: 663 EX: 630
Current Score: EQ: 690 TU: 658 EX: 675
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 132 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please PM me the number for Dorothy? I am getting desperate. Have spoke with several people and they will not do anything. We are going to lose the house we are trying to buy if I cannot get this taken care of asap. 

Thank you. 

Message 133 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please PM with the contact info of the helpful rep at Equifax. I desperate to get my report fixed...the mistake could cost us buying a new home. Thank you!

Message 134 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is your lender not doing this for you?

I do this all the time for people.  It takes 3-5 business days.  Sorry, I didn't look at the whole forum and just skipped to the back.  What state are you in?

Message 135 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the whole forum.  If you contact Equifax to do it directly it will not report until the next months reporting.  Your lender need to do a Rapid Rescore to remove the dispute.  Just so you know the dispute remarks getting removed WILL lower your credit score.  That is the whole point of why they need to be removed.   When a tradeline is disputed it takes that tradeline out of the scoring model so your scores are higher than they should actually be.. this is why lenders want removed.

Message 136 of 147
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For the whole forum.  If you contact Equifax to do it directly it will not report until the next months reporting.  Your lender need to do a Rapid Rescore to remove the dispute.  Just so you know the dispute remarks getting removed WILL lower your credit score.  That is the whole point of why they need to be removed.   When a tradeline is disputed it takes that tradeline out of the scoring model so your scores are higher than they should actually be.. this is why lenders want removed.

Some people have reported that, but a lot of people also report Equifax removes them right away.  Just depends on who the Equifax employee that they get on the phone is.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 137 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the broker do the work not the borrower.  Equifax is all fine and dandy but what about Transunion & Experian?  Need all 3 removed.  If you want it done right have your broker do it.

Message 138 of 147
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

TransUnion & Experian will remove right away as well, no need to wait 3-5 days unless you just don't want to deal with making a few phone calls.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 139 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and glad I found this site!!!!!!  

@Anonymous wrote:

I left a message for Dorothy late last night on her direct line and she called me back this afternoon to advise me everything was taken care of.  LOVE HER.  Contact me if you need her #.  

I am needing to remove a dispute on Equifax,, Please pm the number of the person I need to speak with to clear up a dispute on our credit, thanks

Message 140 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.