Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody experience this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody experience this?

I posted about this previously but I need opinions......after getting pre approved, EOS CCA reported an old AT&T acct from 2008 on all three reports. I paid the debt and the emailed the ca as well as filed with BBB to get the acct deleted. I received a response from both avenues stating they would ask the credit bureaus to delete the acct. this was Monday, as of today the acct has been deleted from all but equifax. EQ is now reporting it as paid. Am im going to have to pursue this further or does it take longer for EQ to delete? EQ is my mid score so I need it to come back up asap

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody experience this?

What are your scores currently???? If you haven't done so I would opt out so you can limit any surprise collections...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ is now at 604 (partially because my LO pulled my credit again). What does opt out mean?
Message 3 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Your LO pulling your credit again shouldn't have any affect on your score since you have a 45 day window that mortgage INQ are grouped as 1. (FCRA) permits creditors and insurers to use CRA information as a basis for sending unsolicited firm offers of credit or insurance, also known as prescreened solicitations, to consumers who meet certain criteria, but only within limits specified in the act. To sum it up creditiors can SP your CR and send cc pre-approvals but it is also used by bottom feeding CAs to try to collect on old debts (outside SOL) or even false debts..... and most of them tend to happen during the mortgage process... you can opt out @ https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opted out.....thanks for that advice! I noticed that on my EQ report the ca has dispute remarks which are inaccurate (never disputed) I wonder if the EQ won't delete because of the dispute. This is so frustrating because they did update the acct from having a balance to being paid but the ca has sent a request to have it deleted. The reason why I think the second credit pull affected my score is because I checked my EQ fico on 10/31 and it was 611 then on 11/1 (same day of second pull) it dropped to 604. My husbands score dropped too and he has had no changes to his report since the first pull on 10/1. But who knows......It could have been the ca updating to a paid status that dropped my score.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.