cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Waiting for Underwriting Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Else Waiting for Underwriting Approval?

We are too awaitiing UW approval. Last Monday we got 5 conditions all of which were satisfied on Tuesday. Our LO submitted our conditions on Wednesday to find out Thursday that our UW was out sick and isn't back  Smiley Sad and we are supposed to close this Friday -- AH!!!!

Message 101 of 106
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Waiting here, too. The file we sent to UW had about everything I could think of. Credit report has been completely clean for 16 months, but I had numerous lates previously. Put togther a three-page letter of explanation. Add to that 2 months of bank statements, 2 years of W2s, 2 years of filed returns. If they need more, I'm not sure what I'll find to give them. :-) Hoping to hear back by Friday.

Message 102 of 106
nathan
Frequent Contributor

This week will be the most stressful week in my life while waiting for underwriting. I have summitted all required documents and my greatest fear now is dti. Lo asked me to pay all credit cards, shop for a lower insurance, etc. Appraisal came good with no repair conditions and appraisal was approved by lender (usaa). The only document needed now is title search which i have no control over. I am due to close on oct 22, and i hope to know my status by this weekend. Loan officer thinks my excellent scores (tu 778, eq 723, exp 760) may mitigate my dti. Btw i am going va with usaa and it has been going smooth so far. Their online mortgage updates is awsome; you really don't need to call lo unless there is some thing you do not understand. I will update after file comes back from underwriting.
Message 103 of 106
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Just checked mortgage status online, and it has changed from approved with conditions to LAON IS SET TO CLOSE, DOCUMENTS SENT TO CLOSING AGENT. What a way to start the day!. I can't wait for Oct 22th to officially become a home owner. thanks for all your advice and good luck to those still awaiting underwriting decision.
Message 104 of 106

WOW, Nathan!!  CONGRATULATIONS.  I went thru a broker for my loan so I don't have online access.  But I can't wait to get that email telling me I am clear to close. 

Nathan be sure to take this opportunity to "shake off" all the stress and relax.  Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 105 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Nathan!  I called our title company today for an update and was told everything on our end is finished(buyers)

we're pending a closing date and still no word from underwriter.  

Message 106 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.