cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else buying a New Construction Home? Stories....

tag
Chinadoll
Contributor

Anyone else buying a New Construction Home? Stories....

Hey Guys I haven't been on the boards in awhile. I have been going through the waiting process with my house being built. The original finalization date was March, then end of May, Now it's pushed back to mid- June. I am hoping that is the final date. I do however have a cloing date set for July 10th(10 being my lucky number as my DOB is 10/10) ...woohooo! So; that makes me happy knowing that I'm getting close. I have gone through my entire application process, underwriting, conditional approval and NOW just waiting for my house to complete construction. Anyone else have a similar story or buying a new construction home? Thought it may help lighten the stress Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CopperHD
New Contributor

Re: Anyone else buying a New Construction Home? Stories....

I am also buying a new construction house, it should be completed very soon because i have my quality walk scheduled for the 22nd of May and Signing set for the 25th.  I have only expereinced about a two week delay becasue there has been an increase in builidng in my area and the various trades were hard to initially lock down but once they were locked in everything has been on schedule.  My most recent check on the house last friday showed just how close they are, just need fixtures and flooring and cleaning and it will be complete.  I have found that there has been no stress with building a home becasue the builder has kept me in the loop and made sure that i know and understand what is going on. I am almost at the end of my expereince but i can safely state that when i buy another house it will be new construction because of the ease of purchase and professionalism that i have seen duirng my first home buying experience.

Current Scores EQ (697) Tu (740) EX (705) Amex pull
Current Cards- Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex Zync (NPSL), Amex Hilton Honors Surpass ($3000), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12,000), Citi Simplicity ($10,900), Southwest Visa Signature ($10,500), Discover It ($4250), FNBO Amex ($4,000), First National Credit Card ($2000), Capital One Platinum ($2500 and $1750), Lowes ($6000) , Walmart Discover ($6000).
Message 2 of 27
SassyGirl5401
Established Member

My husband and I are in the very beginnings of buying a new construction home. The house wont be finished until November so we have a long ways to go!

Congrats and hopefully its smooth sailing form this point forward for you.

Message 3 of 27
Chinadoll
Contributor

@CopperHD I agree with you on buying another new construction home...Well I like the word BRAND NEW and the fact that no one else has lived in it before me. I have been experiencing many delays as my house is 1 of 10 other homes being built as well. The builders have certainly kept me updated and call me about every delay & have kept in contact with My LO as well...feels like we are a little family...haha. But this is my first home and I'm learning a lot through this proccess Smiley Happy Good luck to both of you guys

Message 4 of 27
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I'm under contract for new construction.  I've got the rest of the downpayment due by the end of this month and still waiting on the last few credit-related flakes to settle (SL consolidation and CC balances to update).  I will apply in mid-June and hopefully start the build soon thereafter.  I've got vacation approved the first week of October, so I've made it clear to the builder that there is a hard deadline. None of this "delay" nonsense.

We have already bought paint and some new furniture.  Once the app is in, I'll start picking up the light fixtures and such as time goes on so we'll be ready to blitz it in October!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also buying a new construction. I have signed the sale contract, put the deposit down, and clear UW back in April. I'm just waiting for the building to start. It is supposed to start end of the month or beginning of next month. It's my first house, and I'll be it's first owner. I'm very excited and anxious. I'm sure I'm annoying the sales agent. I call and email for updates at least once a week.

Message 6 of 27
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

LOL Thankful, hope it works out for you! I have had to change my "carved in stone" vacation twice. Smiley Frustrated

Our house was supposed to be ready early April, then late April, then mid May, closing now scheduled for June 7th. The builder has been great, though, and I'm not mad. "Stuff" just happens! Too much moisture in subfloor due to rainy weather, one cabinet came in wrong, etc. When I threw a minor hissy fit at the last delay, builder said "Look, do you want us to just slap it together, or do you want it done correctly?"  Okay, deep breaths! I have to say, other than my own impatience, it has been a wonderful experience. Would do it again in a heartbeat. (But I'm never gonna move again...that's a whole 'nother nightmare) Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 27
Chinadoll
Contributor

@BIRDWRITER I am so with you on the delays. however I am not re-scheduling my vacation which is a week before my close date Smiley Surprised The BF and I decided take the vacay because we don't know when we will be able to afterwards. He starts medical school in the fall and I will be unpacking/decorating my house. Stuff does happen with the delays and I am truly learning how to be patient. I would rather a well conditioned home then something that breaks and needs to be fixed months in. @Shawal16 Trust me I have called the seller/builders so many times they know me by my voice...lol It's just good to stay in the loop. Afterall it is your house and your mortgage.

Message 8 of 27
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

glad I'm not the only one who calls to check frequently--was beginning to worry they'd have me arrested for stalking! LOL

Message 9 of 27
SassyGirl5401
Established Member

I do the same! Luckily the sales agent really likes us and my LO has the patience of a saint!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.