cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else closing Monday with NO IDEA of TIME or $$$$?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else closing Monday with NO IDEA of TIME or $$$$?????

Hi All!

I'm set to close on Monday but have not been given the amount of $$$ to bring (I only have a general idea) or what TIME!!!!

Anyone else frustrated with how VAGUE they are when it comes to closing?????  All I keep hearing is "oh, you'll find out".  Shouldn't this stuff be more together??  I'm so nervous!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cseddio

Re: Anyone else closing Monday with NO IDEA of TIME or $$$$?????

They really need to give you more information.  I'm closing on wednesday and I've already scheduled the final walkthrough and the closing.  I also have been told how much to bring with me.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

I'm set to close on Monday but have not been given the amount of $$$ to bring (I only have a general idea) or what TIME!!!!

Anyone else frustrated with how VAGUE they are when it comes to closing?????  All I keep hearing is "oh, you'll find out".  Shouldn't this stuff be more together??  I'm so nervous!!!!

I didn't find out how much $$$ to take or what time to be there until the morning of my closing, although I had been told the day before that it would definitely be happening the next day.  I anticipated having to take a few thousand dollars, but was quite shocked when they called and told me I only needed to bring a personal check for $125.00 and to show up at 2pm 

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

The reason you normally don't find out what time or exactly how much money is needed until the day of, or the day before closing, is that the closing goes usually happens the day of or the day after the title/escrow company receives the loan documents.  In order for the title/escrow company to calculate exactly how much you'd owe at closing, they need the loan docs.  You could push your signing back a few days, and then you'd have a few days notice on exactly how much funds need to be brought in.  But most people want to sign immediately once the documents are at the title/escrow company, so people find out immediately before closing how much money is owed.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
heirophant
Established Contributor

I knew exactly how much to bring to my closing when I signed the loan origination documents.....and that amount was dead on.  I guess my bank is really good with numbers or something.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.