cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever rehabilitated a student loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone ever rehabilitated a student loan?

Hi all, I am in the process of rehabbing a student loan. Was wondering if "as they say" your credit reports will be removed of all the defaults and negatives once the loan is in fact rehabilitated.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone ever rehabilitated a student loan?

i rehabilitated my stutdent loans and the defaults were take off just not the lates
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i rehabilitated my stutdent loans and the defaults were take off just not the lates

This is correct-
Also make SURE is is out of default before consolidating or paying it off.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did it a couple of years ago.  It works as they say -
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing this right now but it was supposed to have been picked up by another lender almost 2 months ago and when I contacted them about it they just say it may take some more time. Also nothing has been changed on CR's since the time I started paying last December. Is that normal?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rehabbed my loan too.  Sometimes it does take time to clear this process.  But once you get picked up by another lender...you get reported as having a good history in repayment.  They say it take 12 months to clear up your loan history by good repayments.  Mine took 6.  Be patient...it will work if you keep up with your in time payments!  Good Luck...Mike
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto here, it works as advertised.  Just be sure to keep everything they give you in writing, because sometimes a lender (like Citibank, in my case) just doesn't want to go about changing what they're supposed to change and it takes some diligence.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.