cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone knows about RoundPoint Mortgage Company?

tag
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Anyone knows about RoundPoint Mortgage Company?

I'm recently in the market for a FHA Mortgage 30 Year Fixed Rate and I ran into Roundpoint Mortgage Loan. I was quoted at an locked rate for 3.875% today. I noticed most of the 30 Yr Fixed Rates have quoted me from 4.125-4.7%. Is RoundPoint Mortgage a good lender and has anyone financed with them before?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MaddMatter70
New Contributor

Re: Anyone knows about RoundPoint Mortgage Company?

I used them for a preapproval, seemed pretty average at first.  We went with another lender due to A not quick enough on answers and B although it was just a warning sign for us 50 seems high for a credit pull, norm is 20-30, so we worried about other fees

Starting Score: EQ608 TU531 EX568
Current Score: EQ694 TU697 EX710
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@MaddMatter70 wrote:

I used them for a preapproval, seemed pretty average at first.  We went with another lender due to A not quick enough on answers and B although it was just a warning sign for us 50 seems high for a credit pull, norm is 20-30, so we worried about other fees

Were you applying for the mortgage as a couple? I know sometimes when marrying couples apply for a mortgage some companies would charge 40-50 as they pull two inquiries (one for each). But lender did you decide to go with?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 5
MaddMatter70
New Contributor

yes we did, but the others and the one we went with was 25 for a couple, but you do have a point!

Starting Score: EQ608 TU531 EX568
Current Score: EQ694 TU697 EX710
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@MaddMatter70 wrote:

yes we did, but the others and the one we went with was 25 for a couple, but you do have a point!

Yea, I remember reading it somewhere. Thanks though. Hopefully I can close by July 2nd (propsosed date). I'll let you know how RoundPoint is.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.