cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with experience working with Help U Sell Realty??

tag
64met
Valued Member

Anyone with experience working with Help U Sell Realty??

Good Morning,

Not sure if this is correct area or not to post this.... but here it goes!  In my search for a real estate agent I came across a company called... Help U sell Realty... their selling point is a flat fee of $2,950 PLUS the 3% to the buyers agent.... this approach on my home which I hope to sell for $300-$310 would save me conservatively $6,000 in equity in my home!!!!! They are a full service company that claim to offer same services as the bigger companies.  Is this too good to be true??? Anyone with knowledge/experience dealing with Help U Sell can you please let me know your thoughts/experiences.  

Thxs!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone with experience working with Help U Sell Realty??

Is this a company that has a local office?  You really are better off with a local realtor who knows your area.  Will you actually have a dedicated agent or is this Co. like a FSBO type of deal where they do a little bit of marketing and you do all the leg work?

In this REALLY TOUGH market, I would use an agent who is well known in your area.  JMHOSmiley Wink

takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help-U-Sell has it place in the scheme of things.

However, the marketing aspect and what they will do for the $2950 is very important!  Will they help with evaluating and negotiating any contract on your house?  Will they offer suggestions as to how to better precent your house (staging), do they have a program that can place you home in the best possible position to attract buyers?  Will your home apear on 11 internet sites (my listings do) including Yahoo, truilla, Realtor.com, etc - 84% of all buyers start their search on the net so exposure there is very important.  Will they market to local agents (most buyers already have an agent so this is also important).  Will they help you find your next home and coordinate that with the sale of this one?  Will they follow-up with agents that have shown your home?

Message edited by Admin due to violation of Terms of Service that don't allow: Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation; chain letters, pyramid schemes, or securities offerings;

It's OK to recommend or criticize a company, product, service, etc., but not to overtly promote your own business in these forums.

Thanks for contributing and for your cooperation!

-Barry

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-05-2008 09:44 AM

Message Edited by Barry on 02-05-2008 02:18 PM
Message 3 of 6
64met
Valued Member

Thxs for the replies... Lady Scarlet... just sent  U A PM....
Message 4 of 6
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

We hated Help U Sell. The reason why is that they wanted $7,000 up front before selling the home. Assist-to-Sell is reasonable and they don't want the money up front. We ended up with Assist-to-Sell.

Hope this helps...
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 5 of 6
64met
Valued Member

7k up front?? the sales ptch here is $2,950 of which $2k is due if and when u sell your house.  Still considering this service and what's strange is after spending time on Google I find these flat fee companies are ALL over the place.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.