cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything to give credit final boost before applying?

tag
bgibs12
Established Member

Anything to give credit final boost before applying?

We are FINALLY in the last steps of this process that started 10 months ago! My husband was waiting for his student loans to update on his report, and they finally did! His mid score before that happened was 613, and now that it's update the mortgage broker expected it to jump enough. Before our credit cards are reported for May, we're working on paying them under 45% of the credit limit. Is there anything else we can do to give his score the final boost?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Anything to give credit final boost before applying?

I don't know anything about his credit report, so my only answer is to pay down cards keeping in mind what their posting dates are.

If you want to get some good advice on what your options are, post report details over on the Rebuilding board.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@bgibs12 wrote:
We are FINALLY in the last steps of this process that started 10 months ago! My husband was waiting for his student loans to update on his report, and they finally did! His mid score before that happened was 613, and now that it's update the mortgage broker expected it to jump enough. Before our credit cards are reported for May, we're working on paying them under 45% of the credit limit. Is there anything else we can do to give his score the final boost?

The lower you can get your utilization, the better. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 3 of 5
bgibs12
Established Member

Is there a magic number for utilization? According to CK, that's the only thing holding the score down now. Luckily our limits are low enough that it doesn't take much to pay them down.
Message 4 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@bgibs12 wrote:
Is there a magic number for utilization? According to CK, that's the only thing holding the score down now. Luckily our limits are low enough that it doesn't take much to pay them down.

pay all but 1 card to zero, the other under 9%. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.