Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Timing

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

App Timing

I have spent some time rebuilding and anticipating closing on my new home in April. I have not apped for any cards per the advice of my LO.  Once I close I would like to refi my car and app for an Amex.

My plan: On the day of the closing make appointment to refi car and app for CU cc.

App for Amex online. Relative to timing what do you think of this plan?  How soon can I app after I close?

*I expect all of my scores to be over 700 by this time (waiting for a few things to show paid/fall off). 

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: App Timing

When it funds.
Message 2 of 8
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

??

This is new to me...

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 3 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

It funds either before or after you sign all the paperwork. Mine funded after I signed all the paperwork because things were behind schedule...most of the time it funds before you sign all the papers. But you never know until you show up for closing usually. So I would app the day after.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 8
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info.  Who will tell me when it funds?  For example, if it funds a day before how would I know?  Am I safe to assume it will be funded by the day after?

Message 5 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Your loan does not fund before signing contracts.

It can fund directly after you sign contracts, and can fund several days later, depending on Lender.

EDITED TO ADD: You can ask your LO or Broker or Title Company, preferably the Title Company will be at your closing and they usually have the correct information.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'd give it a week just to be on the safe side.  Another few days isn't going to be the end of the world and is certainly better than the alternative. 

Message 7 of 8
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Agreed!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.