Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'ing for a car....HELP???

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: App'ing for a car....HELP???

My boss has a leased camry.  His score is 795.  Car cost $29k, he put down no additional funds, 15,000 miles, 3 year lease...459/month including tax.  That's just something for you to go on.
Message 11 of 17
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Good luck in trying to find a car.  One thing you need to think about as far as leasing goes is how much driving do you do?  That will have a factor on how much you pay a month.  The lower the mileage restriction you take, the lower your payment.  I leased a car for a little over 3 years.  At first it was fine because I only drove 12-14 miles a day.  But then, I changed jobs, which I didn't take into consideration when I got the car.  I couldn't take road trips very often at all.  I just hope you think about that first, it is hard but you need to think about it.  You might be surprised at what you can get for a payment if you buy.  And, another thing to think about is the pay off at the end.  I can't remember what it is called but after your lease is over, there is something at the end that may bite you. 
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Just to give an update I am leaning more towards buying was initially offered a 08 Altima at$390 a month@ 11% for 72 months...When it came down to the approval it was changed too $499 a month @ 15% for 2 months. Something about they searched all these banks and that was the best they could do...blah..blah Well I checked into Cap 1 and was offered $26K @13.00%. Of course do not need to use all.

So I plan on buying. My goal is to re-finance w/ Cap 1 in about 8 months to a year. Has anyone had difficulty re-financing w/ Cap 1??

ohh buying a car is so much work when credit isn't ko...hope to reach 700 soon!!!
Message 13 of 17
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I refinanced my car last August with Citifinancial Auto.  My fico's are in the low 500's so I was shocked.  They gave refi'd me at 11.65% which was substantially lower than what I was paying.  Dropped my payment by almost $100 a month.
Message 14 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd advise looking into a slightly used corolla or camry or honda or vw.  Let someone take the first big hit.    We saved about 8k by buying a car with 15k miles on it.  For my dh who drives a lot, I doubt we'll ever purchase new again. 

Make 12 ontime payments, then do a refi., or sooner when your fico raises a bit more.  How about a credit union?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!!!

Got a car...yeah!! I'm sorry guys couldn't pass up the deal w/ NIssan. Got approved last night for a 07 Altima @13.25%....definitely high but again hoping to refinance as soon as possible. Definitely feels good not to be paying for a rental car. In normal cases I wouldn't have brought new but got the car at invoice, with rebates, etc. Thank you all for your advice and help. The dealer what like "What do you do for a living?" Trying to see where I got all this info about financing. Let him on a little secret its called researching...and he didn't need to know it came mostly from MYFICO Forums. Good luck to all as you re-build and maintain your credit.

Be on the look-out for next post..."Time to re-finance???" Have a good one!!
Message 16 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Great Job! Thats Good News! What is your monthly payment gonna be?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.