cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for mortgage now CAs coming out!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for mortgage now CAs coming out!

I recently had some mortgage lenders do inquiries on me for a loan and I’ve noticed an increase in collections letters and some calls. Haven’t had any try to contact me in almost a year until now. Any way I can remove the mortgage inquiries asap ( hard pulls) or must I wait two years for them to fall off?
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied for mortgage now CAs coming out!

Yes creditors watch for mortgage as they figure if you can afford a house you can afford to pay them back as well or if you want your house bad enough you will pay them back.  You opened a nasty box applying for mortgage if they are fairly recent CA/CO's if they aren't past the SOL.  Mortgage is a special pull and if they belong to said DB or subscription they are alerted and jump on the chance to collect.  Best of luck and no there is no way to remove those inquiries

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only hope is the CA will not sue me etc
It’s already fallen off my reports and can’t be reported, but My state SOL is ten years. So far I’m three years away from it being time barred. (2021). So for the past 7 years, I have been lucky and only the OC has sent me a few letters and has now sold it finally to a CA called GCS.So far GCS has sent me one letter this month and started calling my cell once a week. Do they get more aggressive and seek legal action usually as the SOL gets closer or not?
Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:
My only hope is the CA will not sue me etc
It’s already fallen off my reports and can’t be reported, but My state SOL is ten years. So far I’m three years away from it being time barred. (2021). So for the past 7 years, I have been lucky and only the OC has sent me a few letters and has now sold it finally to a CA called GCS.So far GCS has sent me one letter this month and started calling my cell once a week. Do they get more aggressive and seek legal action usually as the SOL gets closer or not?

Would be more of a question for the rebuilding section.. ouch that stinks on 10 year SOL only one or two states have that correct?  If it is for a decent amount their is a very good chance they could put a judgement against you just all depends on many factors.  Assume they are a bigger debt collector as well if they are watching the mortgage apps being the tri merge

Message 4 of 5
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

CA doesn't have the 10 year SOL like the IRS, it's actually 20 years. Based on your comments, it would appear that you may have a State of CA tax judgment? Be advised that judgments don't necessarily appear on a credit report anymore, but once in escrow the title company will run a GI (general index) and search for any judgments. If you have a suspicion that a state judgment will rear its ugly head, you might want to be out front on it and try to do an offer and compromise or get yourself into an Installment Agreement. Same with the IRS. In most cases, if you are paying they won’t report a judgment. So if down line you want to purchase a home, only goverment loans (FHA, VA or USDA) will allow unpaid judgments as long as you have an installment agreement and 3 months payments under your belt. As far as collections,  we lender no longer require them paid off. FHA requires us to hit the borrower with a 1% imaginary payment which is added to their DTI. Charge offs are total disregarded. How this helps. Best wishes to you

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.