Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for mortgage pre-approval 01/02/15

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Applied for mortgage pre-approval 01/02/15

Lender scores were 20 to 50 points higher than MyFico.

One of the lenders called back today, and advised us the only thing holding the pre-approval letter is one of the creditors has us listed as filing for chapter 7 and it should be a chapter 13.

They want us to contact the lender and have them change it to a chapter 13 or have it removed.

Not sure how helpful the creditor will be. Isn't this something the mortgage lender should be able to verify if I send them our chapter 13 paperwork?

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Applied for mortgage pre-approval 01/02/15

@Believe1970 wrote:

Lender scores were 20 to 50 points higher than MyFico.

One of the lenders called back today, and advised us the only thing holding the pre-approval letter is one of the creditors has us listed as filing for chapter 7 and it should be a chapter 13.

They want us to contact the lender and have them change it to a chapter 13 or have it removed.

Not sure how helpful the creditor will be. Isn't this something the mortgage lender should be able to verify if I send them our chapter 13 paperwork?

That creditor has to change the reporting. If they don't change it they have to delete the tradeline. It is a violation of the discharge injunction to report incorrect information on your credit report.

I bet you can get that done very quickly.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.