Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply Early?

I will be post 2 years Chp 7 come June 23, 2016.  I would like to apply to lenders beginning of June for pre-approvals so I can start officialy looking for homes and no longer just browse.  Is this acceptable to lenders? ANyone else did this? Of course no matter what home I choose it wouldnt close till after the official 2 year date.. I would just like to speed up the process.

Any suggestion?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply Early?

I don't think they'll even pretty approve you until that date. I'd definitely be afraid of going under contract before then
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be post 2 years Chp 7 come June 23, 2016.  I would like to apply to lenders beginning of June for pre-approvals so I can start officialy looking for homes and no longer just browse.  Is this acceptable to lenders? ANyone else did this? Of course no matter what home I choose it wouldnt close till after the official 2 year date.. I would just like to speed up the process.

Any suggestion?

Hi qpitts810,

I'm in the same boat you are, I will be 2 years post discharge June 19th, 2016.  I worked with "shane the mortage man" ?  and got my pre-approval with him.  You might want to send him a PM.  I was lucky to have a friend who is a real estate agent and she knows my situation and has been working with me.  The trick is to find an agent that will work with you, most of them will not return your call as soon as you tell them that you can't officially apply for the loan until June 23.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you already pre-approved this early?  Adn thanks for advice.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you already pre-approved this early?  Adn thanks for advice.

Yes, with the condition the loan will not begin process before June 19th,

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can start working on the pre-approval before hand. Your lender likely won't want you to make any offers until your anniversary date though.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.