Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Mortgage from CHASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying Mortgage from CHASE

Hi, I am in the middle of applying for my Co-Op loan through Chase bank and I have some questions for you guys:

1) Does pre-approval include credit score check?

2) Do I need to pay my very 1st bank fee to find out my credit score?

3) Is this common? My advisor tells me the 4.XX% rate from the beginning, and now she just checked my credit score and realized that it's 650 and now the rate is higher than the rate that she mentioned or what has been pre-approved. Is this norma or she could've told me at the very beginning? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying Mortgage from CHASE

Someone help~
Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Are you financing FHA or conventional?  If conventional ~ a 650 is a wee bit low to receive the best rate unless you have tons of reserves.  A 680 seems to be the *it score* for conventional.

Be patient, one of the brokers will be around and really help you out!  Good Luck on searching for your home, it's very exciting!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for my stupidness haha, but what is FHA and conventional? It's a Co-Op that I am buying, I know my credit score will be above 700 less than 30 days.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.