Did you mean: 

Applying for Mortgage

tag
nvb1970
Established Member

Applying for Mortgage

TU Fico is 655

Equifax FICO is 667

Want to apply for a Mortgage, my most current scores are listed above.  I just recently paid off a collection and did the Pay for Delete, have the letter from the CA confirming that action.  Salary is 80K with 5-6K bonus, looking to put down over 25-30%.  I only have my student loan as a debt and that is only 14K, and my BK has been cleared and off my history since 2009.  Do you think I can get approved?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for Mortgage

Assuming that collection isn't an issue, and you don't go crazy with the size of the loan you request...you should be approved easily.  The only question i have is what else is holding your scores down?  Not that your scores are terrible, but i would think with a high salary and almost no debt, your payment history must be pretty clean since the bankruptcy, and you'd be in the 700's. 

Do you have credit cards that are just paid off?  Because you might want to charge a small balance and get your scores higher.

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Applying for Mortgage

i dont see anything holding you back

apply with confidence.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.