cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a mortgage with tax lien

tag
PEKKCoJo

Applying for a mortgage with tax lien

Hi can you please help me.. My hubby and I are looking to apply for an fha loan within the month is possible. Hubby has a tax lien that's been negotiated on his behalf but he hasn't made any payments yet, will this be a issue in securing a fha loan? What should I do if anything?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for a mortgage with tax lien

YMMV  but my husband and I have a state tax lien, that even though we have been making payments in an agreement for almost a year, we need to pay prior to closing.

If it is federal,  they usually ask for 4-12 months of payments before they will issue you a case number. FHA I think asks for 6 months but the lender might have their own stipulations. Our federal is no lien just payment arrangements for the past 3 years now. But as I said YMMV

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 2 of 3
terminalhockey11
Valued Member

Re: Applying for a mortgage with tax lien

I showed 2+ years of payments to satisfy the loan condition with my lender.   

You may want to go into the DDIA/Fresh Start program.  If eligible you can have it automatically debited from an account and after 3 payments can petition to have the lien's removed from the report.  I'll be entering this program after we close to get them off the reports.

One of the other items is that most lenders are hesitatnt to do payment plans for multiple years if that is part of the payment plan.

Good luck, it's doable as we are scheduled to close (lock desk willing) next Friday

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.