cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for credit card while in Mortgage process..

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for credit card while in Mortgage process..

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:

I'm not going to sugar cost the situation. The worst thing that can happen is a denial due to DTI being too high after the new CC debt is added.

Well denial could also happen if the credit score dropped below what ever the lender requires. In the OP's signature, it shows a TU score of 722 and an EX of 666, but we don't know if these are true FICO scores or worthless FAKO scores and if they reflect the two new credit cards or not.

Message 11 of 17
mrfarias
Established Member

+722 from transunion.com 04/16/13
+666 credit sesame
the inqs are there just the accounts haven't been updated yet.
24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 12 of 17
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Those are both FAKOs. You need to pull them from here (MyFico.com) to get your real scores. It'll cost you $40 for both but worth it I think for the peace of mind.

Have you used the cards yet? Is there a balance on them?

Message 13 of 17
mrfarias
Established Member

I haven't used it
24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 14 of 17
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

That's good, don't use it and you should be fine as long as your credit scores are above what the lender requires. Are you doing FHA or Conventional? 

Pull your scores from MyFico.com and report back.

Message 15 of 17
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Just don't use them at all! Be prepared if it comes up to provide proof these cards have a zero balance.
I'm a mortgage underwriter and your not he only person in the world who does this...so don't worry! Your LO should have informed you not to do this anyway.
Message 16 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yes. You are correct Mike. A drop in score due to the new accounts & inquiries could indeed also cause a denial if the score no longer qualifies. It spaced my mind to include that. Thanks. Smiley Happy

OP as others suggested, pull at least your EQ fico from this site. You can get it for free if you sign up for the Score Watch free trial. Those fakos have gotten me and others in trouble because the score can be so extremely different from your fico or true score, high or low. Compare it to your preapproval score and make sure it is still above the lender requirement. Good Luck.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.