Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appraisal Question

Greetings.  I'm hoping someone out there may be able to help me understand the following.  I'm selling a house at was set to close Monday.  Today I received an email from my buyer today stating that "the MI company is declining to underwrite the mortgage because the "comps do not adequately support value."  The appraisal came back where it needed to be back on Jan. 29th.  I was unaware that underwriters could dispute an appraisal.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Appraisal Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings.  I'm hoping someone out there may be able to help me understand the following.  I'm selling a house at was set to close Monday.  Today I received an email from my buyer today stating that "the MI company is declining to underwrite the mortgage because the "comps do not adequately support value."  The appraisal came back where it needed to be back on Jan. 29th.  I was unaware that underwriters could dispute an appraisal.

Thanks.

Happens all the time.  The underwriters are the only people than can dispute the appraisal. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.