Did you mean: 

Appraisal-list of repairs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Appraisal-list of repairs

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just spoke with my plumber and he will do an inspection for me once all repairs are made.  I think this would satisfy me.  Sure hate to be right at the end of this process only to have to back out!  Ugh!

That is a great idea - you know your plumber and his expertise so he can tell you the real deal.

You may want to have him take a look at the plumbing problem or the plumbing report showing the issue prior to it's repair so he has complete knowledge and can guide you appropriately. I say this because some sellers will have it fixed the right way and others will take shortcuts.

I showed him the report.  He gave me all kinds of ideas and scenarios.  I really shouldn't complain too much.  Working for a GC makes huge repairs for some people really not so huge for me.  There is nothing my boss won't do for me if I need it.  Greatest man I know!  I just hate to seem needy.  Always gotta try and get it done all on my own first.lol

Message 11 of 17
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will this re-inspection cost me more money???  Is it a blessing this happened now?  Should I run away???lol

It depends on your appriser.  My appraiser was nice and the repairs were also minor and she is allowing me to send her pictures of the repairs.  I guess YMVV.  But if she had to go back it would have been 200 dollars more.  It sucks and I would have been responsible for it.

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i would absolutely demand to talk to the repairman. ask what they see in there.

YOUR inspector should have provided all off the insight you need though

Retired Lender
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they only re-inspect the parts the needed repairing?  I have an appraisar coming back tomorrow to check on the repairs (peeling paint)

Message 14 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they only re-inspect the parts the needed repairing?  I have an appraisar coming back tomorrow to check on the repairs (peeling paint)

Yes, the appraiser goes back to each and every item on the list of required repairs but does not do another inspection. S/he is checking to make sure the repairs are completed correctly.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!  The lender also noted a cosmetic repair that the initial appraisal noted as cosmetic.  That should not be required as a repair for FHA shoud it?

Message 16 of 17
wendlan
Regular Contributor

My reinspection for fha costed $110...they rechecked the items on the list..they have a thing for peeling paint..fha I mean..so if the cosmetic work included and peeling paint it has to be done
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.