cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraised value

tag
spuhrmann

Re: Appraised value

Here is a little info from my perspective as a former South Dakota homeowner and Realtor now living in Lincoln, NE and looking to buy as well.

In SD most counties assess taxes based on X percent of the appraised value.  My house in Vermillion was assessed at approximately 85% of appraised value.  So the house I purchased for $70,000 and appraised for $77,000 was assessed at around $65,000.  The local tax authority should be able to tell you how they determine assessed values.

Here in NE it is a different story, they seem to assess taxes based on the appraised value or sale price.  I am basing this on the assessed values of several co-work's homes and a number of houses I am currently considering for purchase.  One particular property that I am very interested in has an assessed value of $192,000, which is the approximate purchase price from 2003.  It is currently listed at 159,900 and I "hope" to offer somewhere around $145,000 and file for a tax assessment recalc.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Appraised value

Thank you so much for your input!  By you sharing your experiences, having lived in both worlds, this really helps me in my decision-making process.  I never realized a forum could be so helpful, but I have really received a wealth of information by putting my questions out there!!!  Thanks again!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.