Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprasial time period?

tag
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

Apprasial time period?

Apprasial was ordered yesterday and my LO tells me it can take 10-14 days to get the report back! Does it normally take this long.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Re: Apprasial time period?

That's what I was told as well, so I think that is standard. But from I read it sounds like the appraiser typically gets out to the property within a few days, but it's getting the report back that takes awhile. I'm purchasing through FHA loan and the appraisal was already completed by a buyer who backed out, so it was merely transferred to my file and it took about 7 days.

Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Really depends on your market and the weather.  Seems in less populated areas it takes longer since there aren't as many appraisers.  I had an appraisal take 3 businsess days in Sacramento, then another in rural Illinois which took close to 2 weeks, then another in the Atlanta suburbs which took 2 weeks because they had snow for a few days during that time.  You can ask your loan officer to notify you when the appraisal inspection has been scheduled, when the inspection has been completed, and then how long after the inspection will the report be completed.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
TnTNYC
Established Member

I can't speak from experience - yet - but am told my appraisal, which is scheduled for tomorrow, will be faxed to my attorney some 48 hours later.  I take that to mean Monday, since the appraisal is taking place on a Thursday.

Lender is PenFed.  Should note we make it a point to put pressure on the loan consultant and underwriter there on a daily basis to move our paperwork forward at a hasty pace.  She put a "rush" on the appraisal, which was scheduled yesterday, Tuesday, at our bequest.

I'd do the same, request a rush and be the squeaky wheel!

Starting Score: 707 (Experian); 702 (Equifax); 740 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 776 (Experian); 753 (Equifax); 780 (TransUnion) as of 09/11/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
BaileyMae
New Contributor

Mine was ordered on 3/5. I got the report on 3/13. 

Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.