Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval with Conditions!!!!

tag
Wannago
New Visitor

Approval with Conditions!!!!

Okay!  Long story story short..My husband and I put a contract on a house in April (April 8th to be exact).  We had originally applied for a USDA loan, but because of my student loans (A high debt to income), we were denied.  We were "quickly" switched over to an FHA loan the last week in May.  Fast forward 2 weeks, we were approved with conditions.  The conditions were "easy" (check stubs, bank statements, VOE etc).  But it seems the bank KEEPS coming back with conditions.  The last few conditions were a new VOE for me (because the last one had expired) and they wanted verification that work on the house had been completed (even though they had an appraisal telling them it already was).

I'm just irritated because this is the 4th extension we've had to ask for and we really just want to move.  So I guess my question to everyone is:  How often do they typically come back with conditions?  Is this something common?  I really feel like they're just dragging us along and waiting for rates to go up!  We've signed our GFE and TIL (from which I hear isn't anything that's set in stone), but I just wonder how much longer this is going to be!  Grrr!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Davidngo
Contributor

Re: Approval with Conditions!!!!

Just work with your lender.  I was in a short sale that just closed on June 28th that was under contract since February. 

After recieving the SS approval, the lender requested multiple bank statements in one week.  The quicker you respond and get the PTD and PTF conditions clearing, the quicker and smooth the process will go.  The lender was impressed by my committement to getting them what they needed within 30 minutes of the request.

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Message 2 of 4
Wannago
New Visitor

Thanks for the reply!  I definitely get them the conditions as soon as possible.  It's just so frustruating when you think you'll be getting a clear to close and then then they're like,"nope...we need a few more things!"

Message 3 of 4
Davidngo
Contributor

I think I ran to the bank probably everyother day for 1.5 weeks.  The quicker you get this the conditions and the quicker your broker uploads to the lender, the quicker you can get your conditions reviewed and released.  Average turn around time for conditions is 24-48 hours.

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.