Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - Question between now and close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved - Question between now and close

My wife and I have been approved, however we want to make sure we don't do anything to threaten that between now and our close on October 1st. What are some gotchas?

I may have an opportunity to take a new job making 10%-15% more, but would this be a problem.  I guess the question is what could move us out of approval status at closing time, if anything?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved - Question between now and close

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I have been approved, however we want to make sure we don't do anything to threaten that between now and our close on October 1st. What are some gotchas?

I may have an opportunity to take a new job making 10%-15% more, but would this be a problem.  I guess the question is what could move us out of approval status at closing time, if anything?

First thing would be if the documentation you provided isn't 100% accurate.

The others could be:
  1. New BIG collection. If they pull your reports again before you close (most don't though, from what I understand) and your score's dropped 100 points due to some stupid phone bill you thought you'd closed YEARS ago hitting your CRs as a collection.
  2. New credit. If it messes up your DTI substantially, that could, at the very least, make it so you qualify for less home.
  3. Loss of job/income. Self-explanatory.
  4. BIG Federal debt that you've owed and has *just* put you into the CAIVRS system.

That's pretty much it. And even then, as Dallas often says, a lot of things could be worked around.

I'd not quit your job/change jobs until AFTER you've closed. Otherwise, you could be looking at being denied.
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved - Question between now and close

@Anonymous wrote:

First thing would be if the documentation you provided isn't 100% accurate.

The others could be:
  1. New BIG collection. If they pull your reports again before you close (most don't though, from what I understand) and your score's dropped 100 points due to some stupid phone bill you thought you'd closed YEARS ago hitting your CRs as a collection.
  2. New credit. If it messes up your DTI substantially, that could, at the very least, make it so you qualify for less home.
  3. Loss of job/income. Self-explanatory.
  4. BIG Federal debt that you've owed and has *just* put you into the CAIVRS system.

That's pretty much it. And even then, as Dallas often says, a lot of things could be worked around.

I'd not quit your job/change jobs until AFTER you've closed. Otherwise, you could be looking at being denied.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.