cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved and down payment placed! Now what? (Building a home)

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Approved and down payment placed! Now what? (Building a home)

Ok, so to all those who have helped me in the past, a huge thanks! I was preapproved for the house price (had a specific lot and contract price in mind) and provided the builder with the 3% down to get going.  

I now have 3 days due diligence for my lender, and an additional 7 days for the builder.  My question is, what should I do with it?

Looking around online, a lot of the questions for due diligence period are things like, crime rate, history of the land, easements, elevation, risks, etc.  This is an established subdivision and this builder has several subdivisions off in the same plot of land, and obviously I live here so I know the crime rate etc.

Is there anything else I should use this time to do?  My lender forwarded me an email with a guess at my APR as it currently is (won't be locked until 60 days out from build completion) etc etc.  So I'm not really sure what to do now.

It seems like I probably shouldn't just twiddle my thumbs Smiley Happy

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved and down payment placed! Now what? (Building a home)

Get your supporting documents for your mortgage app together and be ready to submit EVERYTHING with you application. That will minimize waiting time to get it through underwriting. What is the build time ... more than 5 months?

Message 2 of 3
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved and down payment placed! Now what? (Building a home)

Its 5-6 months yeah.  The LO told me there was no rush on getting me through underwriting.  They need 30 days paystubbs, rental history, and 2012 2013 taxes.  But he said its not due until next month sometime.  He said not to worry about it as the closing date was so far out and that there was nothing borderline about my loan so no one was concerned.

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.