cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved loan mod not showing in credit report. Will it hurt or help to have lender report it?

tag
onelle

Approved loan mod not showing in credit report. Will it hurt or help to have lender report it?

I'm looking for more ways to increase my credit score in order to qualify for a home loan. Chase approved my loan modification application on my investment home and now I'm trying to purchase another home where I recently moved to.

My scores aren't that great and the lender/broker advised me to try to increase my scores in order to get better deals or even to qualify. They couldn't find it in my credit report the approved loan modification that I told them about. I showed them the latest loan mod agreement and the statements but somehow they're baffled as to why it isn't showing in my report. I have been making payments on time.

Does the absence of the record of the loan mod hurting or helping my score? Should I call Chase and ask they to report it? Shouldn't they be reporting it anyway? Will it do more harm or good to my already not-so-good credit?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.