Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are ARMS that bad?

tag
jcrsmom
Contributor

Re: Are ARMS that bad?

Nice Smiley Wink  We went to see a house yesterday that looked like the perfect house but it was above what we were pre-approved for.  Thank god I didn't fall in love with it Smiley Wink  

Current EX Score: 760

Message 31 of 37
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

@jcrsmom wrote:

Nice Smiley Wink  We went to see a house yesterday that looked like the perfect house but it was above what we were pre-approved for.  Thank god I didn't fall in love with it Smiley Wink  

My advice....  Purchase much lower than what your pre-approved for.  Set a purchase price/monthly payment, that YOU feel comfortable with, and leaves you with a good chunk of money at the end of the month.   Yes, having a dream house is cool and all, but it's still just a house.  There's plenty of other things in life to spend your time/money on, without paying out huge mortage payments.

We wanted to stay under $160,000.00,  bank said we can get you $230,000.00 based on your combined income/debt ratio.  We simply said we don't need it, but thanks.  

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 37
jcrsmom
Contributor

Thanks for the advice.   The amount we got approved for we can pay and stil put money in savings.  Unfortunatey, houses here are expensive and if we go lower than what we were approved for, we'd be living in a dump Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 37
navistar
Regular Contributor

my problem as well jc. 

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 34 of 37
jcrsmom
Contributor

We don't mind doing updating but some are just downright awful.  Smiley Sad  The one we are looking at needs to be updated, an old couple lived there.  Plus it will need new windows for sure.  It drives me crazy when I watch HGTV and see peope by beautiful houses for a fraction of my cost. ahhhh

Message 35 of 37
navistar
Regular Contributor

i dont want to update much and i definietly  want some a littler newer with a solid frame because i dont plan on ever moving again and my family is young. I was born and raised in rural TN where $150k would buy you a beautiful and large home even closer to the city. In Denver, CO that same amount will get you a shack with blood splatter paint and maybe a meth lab in the basement if your lucky.

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 36 of 37
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

breaking bad get to launderying that money

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.