cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Banks writing mortgages at this time?

tag
Datgirl
Established Member

Are Banks writing mortgages at this time?

Hello,

I've applied for a mortgage with SunTrust a few weeks ago and was told that I should be able to qualify for a FHA loan (credit score 667) however I've been calling the mortgage officer and haven't received a return call.  Is everything on hold during this wall street crisis?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are Banks writing mortgages at this time?

No - sounds like maybe your LO isn't the most responsive. You might want to try another one.
Message 2 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

crappy loan officer.

we all have plenty of money 

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

we all have plenty of money 

Wow...  I'd love to be in your shoes!  Smiley Wink

(seriously, though, I know that you simply mean lenders have plenty of money to lend)

Message 4 of 9
Datgirl
Established Member

Ok I thought maybe things were on hold.  I'm calling another bank tomorrow.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had the same problem with a suntrust loan officer. then he finally called after i sent numerous emails and said something was in question on my report.  he's had my credit report for 2 months, he's just seeing this??? i'm calling another bank too!
Message 6 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

remember.... mortgage brokers are the middleman. and the middleman is usually cheaper rates/fees than the direct lender.

direct lenders are not great at cust service. 

and i say this even though i am NOT a 'broker' 

Message Edited by DallasLoanGuy on 10-07-2008 09:27 PM
Retired Lender
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI my Suntrust LO was amazing. I honestly believe I couldn't have gotten anyone better who was working for me. But I guess it's all in personalities and work habits too.

I'm definitely inviting my LO to my housewarming party. She was just as excited to close today as I was!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the Suntrust comments.... The LO was rude and we played phone tag for a week or two... I was approved for much more at another bank. She still continued to call me after I told her I was going elsewhere.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.