cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any rumors of mortgage companies updating to the new fico algorithm?

tag
daudi81
Valued Member

Are there any rumors of mortgage companies updating to the new fico algorithm?

My scores everywhere are all over 700-730 (myfico, credit karma, auto dealership just pulled my credit, credit union pull for a limit increase, etc). However, the only score that matters to me right now is the one mortgage lenders use and it's hovering around a 660-670 max. It Absolutely baffles me that there is such a large difference, but I can't change it.

I read somewhere that mortgage lenders are slow to respond to updates to fico, and I don't know how long they've been using this version. But does anyone know if there are rumors, of rumors of rumors that they will be finally updating to the scoring algorithm that seemingly every other creditor in the nation uses? Otherwise I'm going to be waiting another year or so to get a mortgage after thinking my scores were what myfico was telling me.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Are there any rumors of mortgage companies updating to the new fico algorithm?

no rumors of that.

that would be a long process if they decided to start.

and even if they did, pricing adjustments and such would likely change to settle in with the neww scores. <= so all of the advantage would likely be lost

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.