Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argg

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argg

So our offer was accepted mutually on tuesday so on day 3 I think? Well I am in Seattle huge snow strom LO office is closed he lost power at home yesterday my agent is in Las Vegas. Getting very few staus updates still do not know where to deposit earnest money should have been deposited yesterday. Still have not recieved the loan disclosure which I am sure should have been sent 2 days ago. Will this effect or PSA I am starting to get nervous. The sales office for the builder is closed because weather as well so maybe they will give some slack I don't know.....help

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Argg

You misspelled Argh!  It has a silent "h" at the end, it's that final letting out your breath as you seeth in frustration.  Smiley Wink

And everyone knows that Seattle + snow = SHUT DOWN 100%

IMO, don't worry about things.   Yes, the snow is delaying things, but everything should get back on track.   The ernest money should have been collected at the time you signed your purchase offer by your realtor.  Since it has not been, no worries.   When things come back online, then your realtor can accept the money.  It will probably be kept in their office, on deposit until closing.

Congratulations!

Where in Seattle are you offering?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks also for the correction lol. We are offering in Lake Stevens about 35 miles north of Seattle, to qualify for USDA. We actually signed all docs for PSA online never met our realtor in person. Using redfin they do things different when we toured it was with a field agent. We also get $1500 back from commission they only collect $6000 and you are refunded anything over that...I totally recommend them if you are OK with doing your own leg work and don't mind less formality. Our realtor is not collectting the check I know we are supposed to deposit it at some place the builder chooses. Yes Seattle is a mess when it snows always half snow half wet makes it really slick and so many hills. We should find out today where to make the deposit just worried because the PSA stated earnest money to be deposited in 2 days of acceptance. i am sure they will terminate the agreement but still want to get things moving....stupid snow!!!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I just recieved an e-mail for timeline and earnest money is due today.....oh wow I freaked out. Called the escrow company they close at 3pm today because of weather, she said no problem getting it in monday my realtor said the same thing phewww. Anybody know about the loan disclosure should I have recieved it already? And waht is in it? I hope I am calling it the right thing.

Message 4 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

The loan disclosure should be coming to you soon.

And see?  Everything is good to go...they understand the snow and Seattle don't mix.  Smiley Happy   I'd love to hear how things progress with your purchase. 

Are you purchasing a home to be built?  One that has been built?  I have seen Redfin online, but never used them.   So I am open to learning everything I can about them from you.

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the house is built and everything included washer/dryer refrigerator and blinds. Someone had the house built lost their job so could not qualify found another job tried to apply again still could not get past underwriting. We even qualify for the 2/1 buydown and we got 5k in closing I think it is pretty good deal but we offered list price. Redfin is a new company actually started in Seattle and expanding but I don't think they cover all sates. They seem very good so far kind of a new streamlined information age process. They divide the work up to keep costs low, so a lot is done online then you tour houses with a field agent someone who is a little lower on the ladder in the company, then you have your agent who does the negotiations and general questions help, we also were assigned a transaction coordinator to make sure everything is getting done and onetime etc. I have used them for years searching houses and watching the market slide to a comfortable level to buy. I have heard no complaints and people seemed to be very happy with them. If you are a little skeptical of traditional realtors and maybe distrust their honesty as I do admittedly they are the way to go.

Message 6 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the information!  Let me know how things go.  I have seen Redfin online and actually looked through there website at property.

Were you saying you were having trouble getting qualified for a mortgage?  Or the seller has to sell becuase they lost their job and can't afford the home?  Or something else entirely?   

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The house we are buying soemone had it built planning to buy it but lost their job so now the builder has it back on the market. So we are buying it brand new from builder but already built and updated to someone elses tastes. But a good deal because they did a lot of upgrades that are just part of the price instead of paying for all those after list price. I think we are getting a good deal we will have no improvements to do or appliances or blinds to buy all included.

Message 8 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Very nice!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.