Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argh!!! The wait!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argh!!! The wait!!!

And we thought WE would be the problem (getting financing), but the builder and their title company are dragging their feet, even though the originally wanted to close 9/22. But the house wasn't done. As of Saturday, it STILL wasn't done. And now we've made an appt to do the final walk through on 10/13. Which is fine - hey, I changed mortgage brokers once and lenders twice during this whole thing and so I'm not going to hold it against them that the house wasn't done when scheduled.  But now, my LO is emailing me that we still don't have termite insepction and other building docs and he can't submit the pkg back to underwriting until we do. And UW took 5 solid days when we went through the first time. So, now I'm thinking we won't close until earliest end of next week.

So, I'm just venting. I'm glad to be in this spot because it's almost over. We started our journey back in March when we first pulled our credit and I realized I had a lot of work to do (STILL have a lot of work to do) but geez, this reminds me of when I was pregnant in the 9th month. For some reason, that last week dragged out almost as long as the 8 months 3 weeks before it.

It's been such a long journey and I just want to get it over with already! Well, here is your "another home buyer close to closing and anxious" rant for the week. You're welcome.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Argh!!! The wait!!!

I could not think of a better comparison than pregnancy!  That last week feels like its taking longer than the entire rest of the process!!  Just think ahead 3 weeks when you'll be sitting pretty in your brand new house! Smiley Happy

And if dreaming ahead doesn't help the wait, the next best option is wine.  Lots of wine. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MMMMMMMMMM wine Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

dont bite your fingernails.... 

you dont want an infected finger when you sign all of that stuff

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain! We're in the opposite situation. Home has been complete since 9/20 (after 11 months). Applied w lender on 8/24 and still don't have a clear to close. The lender is working w some investor who has their own UW (?). Don't know **bleep** is going on, LO first promised to hit 9/23 as a close date, then 9/30, now it's 10/8 when my lock expires. I got the branch mgr and RVP involved since the last 2 wks and we're still sitting here listening to them say "have patience." We've sent all docs to clear conditions 2 weeks ago.

Oh, funny someone mentioned pregnancy. We're expecting our first child on 10/18. Currently, in a 1 BR apt that is half full of all the boxes we packed up in anticipation for the 9/23 close. The kid better sit there until 10/18 bc we have no home, no furniture for it, nothing. Frustrating...sorry for the threadjack but had to vent Smiley Happy

Hope this works out for you, looks like you have a little bit of time to go. As my lender says, stay patient Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry shiftconvention! That sounds like a nightmare, but it also sounds like you are close. Congratulations on your new baby! Hopefully you close before he or she arrives. It's stressful enough to move but to raise a new baby while going through all this...well, I hope your lender gets it together. Keep us updated! Especially on the birth of your little one!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my LO emailed me yesterday and said that there was a miscommunication between his processor and title co. Both were waiting for the other on docs before they could make the next move. My LO had to get involved to resolve the communication issue and he said we are now back on track. REALLY hoping we go back into escrow today. With the escrow lead time that is really the only hope we will actually close next Wednesday.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.