Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking NFCU for CLI after closing

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Asking NFCU for CLI after closing

I am scheduled to close on Tuesday with an NFCU mortgage and wonder how long I should wait before asking for a CLI on my existing NFCU Cashrewards credit card.  I have a $10,000 CL right now and am coming up on three months since approval.  I am currently at 80% UTI but my DTI ratio is at 26%.  

Any thoughts as to when I should ask for a CLI?  I just don't want to appear credit hungry with the institution that holds my mortgage note, but on the other hand, I could use the credit for upcoming home improvement.  If it makes a difference, the home appraised for a great deal more than the accepted offer price.  

As always, any advice i appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mfoxxx
New Contributor

Re: Asking NFCU for CLI after closing

Congrats. After closing, I don't see that as being an issue. If you don't mind me asking, what were your mortgage scores? We are going the same route with Návy in a month or so. 

In the garden, Sep 10, 2015.
Message 2 of 3
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Re: Asking NFCU for CLI after closing

My midscore was 721 and I had to switch from a VA loan to the 100% homebuyers Choice as I am an IT contractor.  A little frustrating, but all has worked out in the end.  Best of luck to you - I would choose NFCU again, even with the change two weeks in.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.