Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At the underwriter for a week now

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

At the underwriter for a week now

The waiting is just awful. Nothing. Not a word. No requests for more information. not a peep. File went to the underwriter on the 17th. All I can do is wait and wait.....

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: At the underwriter for a week now

When your file is at the underwriters; no news is good news... Keep positive Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
When your file is at the underwriters; no news is good news... Keep positive Smiley Happy

haha +100 its a whole lot worse when the call you every day needing this and that 

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@beb86 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

haha +100 its a whole lot worse when the call you every day needing this and that 

When they want this and that, it means that your file is marginal and they are beefing it up...

On my most recent journey, the FHA Streamline Refi...  All they needed was most recent paystubs, and bank account statements, along with a letter of explanation for deposits and where they came from.

That part was easy because my deposits had come from expense reimbursements, rent received from tenants of the subject property, and normal payroll. 

I also got a settlement from my insurance for a vehicle which was owned free and clear.  The vehicle was involved in a collision, and was declared a total loss while in the underwriting process.  The payout was $13k, so I had to write a standalone letter and provide documentation from the claim.

FICO 9:

Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I also had to sign a document stating that I wasn't using my investment property for Transient Use...   which means that my leases must be for terms exceeding 30 days.

FICO 9:

Message 5 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

My wife wasn't on the loan but we have a joint checking account and she lost her job during the whole process and she had to fill out gift letter for her unemployment benefits for me. Oh and I made the mistake of putting 1k in cash in the bank, yeah don't deposit cash. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.