I'm currently in Underwriting waiting with my fingers crossed for an approval but I've had one loan officer tell me to go ahead and withdraw my funds from my 401k so that when I get my conditions back I will be able to provide the documentation showing the funds in my account. Then I had another process tell me to wait until the Underwriters come back with a conditional approval then withdraw the funds? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
If you don't have any weirdness going on with your credit situation, I would go ahead and pull the money out.
If getting thru underwriting is questionable I could see waiting. But it will drag underwriting out.