@Anonymous wrote:

Jumping in Here!!

Purchase Price - $309,900

Signed Contract - July 1, 2017

Location - Rhode Island

Property Type - Single Family Home

New or Existing - Existing

Loan Type - 30 year fixed 

Loan Rate - Hoping for 4% or less, talking to lender on Monday as we signed contract yesterday (Saturday)

Pre-approval - June 23, 2017

Appraisal - TBD

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 15

Closed on - TBD

Selling our current townhouse. Went on the market and had an offer in 6 hours for over the asking price. Score....now we really need to find something! We took the offer and they are going FHA/first time buyer, so they needed a little time. That was fine because we hadn't stated to look yet at for a new house a couple states away yet. We went Friday, June 30th, to look at ten different places. We found 3 we loved, and put an offer in on the one that we could see ourselves in the most. Our back up has been up for a while so if for some reason inspections and/or appraisals mess something up, we have a back-up!

Will check back in as the process continues!

There's my neighborSmiley Wink.. Following and keeping fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly...

Hey...long time! How have you been! Moving even closer to you now!

Update...Inspection happened yesterday. Started from the basement and worked up. Nothing at all and I thought we were done. He then peeked in the attic...Mold!! Ugh. Oh well. Remediation was put in the works by both Realtors yesterday...hoping to come to an agreement once the report comes back.

I know and that is exciting..  I was just there recently..  That sucks.  Hopefully, it will all be worked out.  I see in anothe thread you are using NFCU, they are awesome.  They are the people I used and they gave me $2000 back for using their realty program [ I used Sotheby's].  So take advantage of every perk they have to offer--

Message 11 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2017 closers

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jumping in Here!!

Location - Rhode Island

Loan Rate - Hoping for 4% or less, talking to lender on Monday as we signed contract yesterday (Saturday)

Appraisal - TBD

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 15

Closed on - TBD

Selling our current townhouse. Went on the market and had an offer in 6 hours for over the asking price. Score....now we really need to find something! We took the offer and they are going FHA/first time buyer, so they needed a little time. That was fine because we hadn't stated to look yet at for a new house a couple states away yet. We went Friday, June 30th, to look at ten different places. We found 3 we loved, and put an offer in on the one that we could see ourselves in the most. Our back up has been up for a while so if for some reason inspections and/or appraisals mess something up, we have a back-up!

There's my neighborSmiley Wink.. Following and keeping fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly...

Update...Inspection happened yesterday. Started from the basement and worked up. Nothing at all and I thought we were done. He then peeked in the attic...Mold!! Ugh. Oh well. Remediation was put in the works by both Realtors yesterday...hoping to come to an agreement once the report comes back.

I know and that is exciting..  I was just there recently..  That sucks.  Hopefully, it will all be worked out.  I see in anothe thread you are using NFCU, they are awesome.  They are the people I used and they gave me $2000 back for using their realty program [ I used Sotheby's].  So take advantage of every perk they have to offer--

Has been an easy process so far, unlike what I have read around here, in regards to NFCU. We were going to look, but an agent was recommended to use by several people in that area, so went with her. She has been great so far.

Message 12 of 95
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jumping in Here!!

Location - Rhode Island

Appraisal - TBD

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 15

Closed on - TBD

How long did it take between when you submitted all of your info and when you got the clear to close?

Message 13 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@reckedhim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jumping in Here!!

Location - Rhode Island

Appraisal - TBD

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 15

Closed on - TBD

How long did it take between when you submitted all of your info and when you got the clear to close?

The whole process took 2 months.  They even move faster if you want a quicker process..

Message 14 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jumping in Here!!

Location - Rhode Island

Appraisal - TBD

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 15

Closed on - TBD

Has been an easy process so far, unlike what I have read around here, in regards to NFCU. We were going to look, but an agent was recommended to use by several people in that area, so went with her. She has been great so far.

Thats good.   A good agent makes a world of difference.  The agent we used negotiated so much to the point where the closing attorney was like I can't believe all the things she got for you.  She was ruthless to the seller after inspection showed flaws. At some point, I felt bad for the seller. She was an agent herself but terrible at negotiating.

Message 15 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price - $205,000
Location - Florida
Loan Type - 30 year FHA
Loan Rate - Haven't rate locked yet
Pre-approval - 3/1/17
Appraisal - 7/11/17
Clear to Close - 8/2/17
Closing Date - August 15---moved to 8/9
Closed on - 8/9/17

Cleared Underwriting on 7/11 as well. Appraisal came in $3k short so we worked that out. Just waiting for clear to close now and a good rate to lock in. 

Message 16 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price - $450,000
Signed Contract - June 29
Location - Ohio
Loan Rate - 3.875
Appraisal - 7/18
Clear to Close - TBD
Closing Date - August 10
Closed on - TBD

Other (things I liked to know when reading these)
Pre approval Mortgage Credit Score - 740
Current Mortgage - 790

Putting 10% down but paying PMI upfront as a single payment.

The whole process makes me nervous... Should hear back from underwriting on Monday. After any new conditions are meet it will go to collateral underwriting (had to look this up)

We sold our house super fast and it has taken us a lot longer to buy. Family and I are currently living with in laws for a couple weeks. Praying for no delays.
Message 17 of 95
Surge89

Hi all!

Purchase Price: $205,000
Signed Contract: 06/25/2017
Property Type: Single-Family Home
New/Existing: Existing
Type of Loan: Conventional 30-year
Loan Rate: 3.875
Pre-Approval: 7/02/2017
Appraisal: 7/10/17 - $9k over @ $214,000
Clear to Close: TBA
Closing Date: 8/03/2017 - Tentative
Closed On: TBA

Got Conditional Approval on 7/13/17, and sent most things in by 7/17/17 - still waiting on one more condition.  Hopefully everything goes well for us!

Message 18 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDITED 07/29/2017

Home appraisal came in last night with the value of 227,000, so looks like we are close to closing!

EDITED 07/19/2017

First home purchase, second attempt. First attempt we backed out of in June due to major inspection issues. But.. we found a home we liked better, cheaper, better neighborhood, better size for us, and only 3 years old! So, was devastated when last one didn't work out, and now super glad it didn't!

So, for our second attempt:

Purchase Price: $224,400
Signed Contract: 07/10/2017
Property Type: Single-Family Home
New/Existing: Existing (3 years old)
Type of Loan: 30YR Fixed FHA
Loan Rate: 3.5% with a 5.5% second for 2.5% of the purchase price for 10 years.
Pre-Approval: Sometime in early June, can't remember for sure.
Appraisal: TBD
Clear to Close: TBD
Closing Date: 8/11/2017
Closed On: TBD

Got conditional approval today, 07/19/2017, was told conditions coming later today, and was also told that appraisal would be complete next week. Starting to get excited! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for appraisal results. Little nervous here as we offerwd 10k above list after losing out on 4 houses before. Before our offer was accepted sellers asked if it didn't appraise would we bring cash to cover and we said no so we will see..

The whole process of sweating out the next step just to Sprint to the next step and stress over that step is craziness. My LO is saying everything is great and ready on their end just waiting appraisal results. She thinks we could be ready to close by the end of this month but the sellers need to be there until 8/13 :/.

Hope it is smooth sailing for everyone in the August crew!
Message 20 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.