Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2017 closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2017 closers

Excited for you guys getting your closing date!!! I wish I could get my sellers to bring up the closing / moving date but that is not happening.... 8 more days.. Just 8 more days... lol
Message 51 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

It works out well for us! We go on vacation tomorrow and get back on the 7th so it will keep my mind busy for the six days until close!

Message 52 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Purchase Price - $205,000
Signed Contract - July 1, 2017
Location - Florida
Property Type - Single Family Home
New or Existing - Existing
Loan Type - 30 year FHA
Loan Rate - 4.1
Pre-approval - 3/1/17
Appraisal - 7/11/17
Clear to Close - 8/2/17
Closing Date - August 8!! Moved down from the 15th!!
Closed on - TBD

Cleared Underwriting on 7/11 as well. Appraisal came in $3k short so we worked that out. Just waiting for clear to close now and a good rate to lock in. 

Just a bit of an update...rate locked at 4.1 two days ago. I'm happy with the rate! 

Had a hang up with the seller having an open insurance claim on the roof still showing. They had the roof replaced last year and the claim was settled but they haven't closed it out so we had to get a letter from the company stating it's settled for my policy to be completed. That was done yesterday finally. At least on my end everything has been done. My loan officer says we should have the clear to close by Wednesday once the survey is done. So that's good news. Also told him I'm game to close early if the sellers are. Close date still set for 8/15 though. So we shall see if we can close earlier!!

Got the clear to close today and the original close date on 8/15 was lowered to 8/8!!!! Six days and counting!!!!! Woot woot!!

Congrats! We are close date twins.. ours got moved from the 11th to the 8th! Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price - $225K

Signed Contract - July 13, 2017

Location - Maryland

Property Type - Townhome 

Loan Type - 30 year fixed 

Loan Rate - 4.37 

Pre-approval - May, 2017

Appraisal - 07/31/2017

Clear to Close - TBD

Closing Date - August 11

Closed on - TBD

Got commitment letter yesterday with some conditions. Sent them today....Now lets pray!

Message 54 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Purchase Price - $205,000
Signed Contract - July 1, 2017
Location - Florida
Property Type - Single Family Home
Loan Type - 30 year FHA
Loan Rate - 4.1
Pre-approval - 3/1/17
Appraisal - 7/11/17
Clear to Close - 8/2/17
Closing Date - August 9!!  Moved down from the 15th!!
Closed on - TBD

Cleared Underwriting on 7/11 as well. Appraisal came in $3k short so we worked that out. Just waiting for clear to close now and a good rate to lock in. 

Just a bit of an update...rate locked at 4.1 two days ago. I'm happy with the rate! 

Had a hang up with the seller having an open insurance claim on the roof still showing. They had the roof replaced last year and the claim was settled but they haven't closed it out so we had to get a letter from the company stating it's settled for my policy to be completed. That was done yesterday finally. At least on my end everything has been done. My loan officer says we should have the clear to close by Wednesday once the survey is done. So that's good news. Also told him I'm game to close early if the sellers are. Close date still set for 8/15 though. So we shall see if we can close earlier!!

Got the clear to close today and the original close date on 8/15 was lowered to 8/8!!!! Six days and counting!!!!! Woot woot!!

Had to change my close date to 8/9 at 8am. We get back from vacation late afternoon on the 7th so it was hard to schedule the final walk through the same day back from vacation and close the next morning so I bumped it up a day. So...new close day is 8/9 at 0800 hours! 

Message 55 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price: $222,000
Signed Contract: 7/10/2017
Property Type: Townhome
New/Existing: Existing
Type of Loan: 30YR Fixed FHA
Loan Rate: 4
Pre-Approval: 7/10/2017
Appraisal: completed 7/22/17 received 7/25/17
Clear to Close: 8/3/17
Closing Date: 8/10/17
Closed On: TBD

There is hope out there for any First-time Homebuyer who wants to buy, but feels credit is bad!  Brought credit score from mid-500's in 09/2016 to mid-to-high 600's in July 2017 and were approved and competed underwriting with no issues or conditions! Very Excited!

Message 56 of 95
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Finally my turn!

Purchase Price - $203,000

Signed Contract - July 5, 2017

Location - Maryland

Property Type - Condo

Loan Type - 30 year fixed conventional

Loan Rate - 5.25 (I know, I know; see additional info below)

Pre-approval - June 2, 2017

Appraisal - July 11, 2017

Clear to Close - July 26, 2017

Closing Date - August 4, 2017

Closed on - August 4, 2017

Closed this morning! My process was surprisingly smooth. I am admittedly not thrilled with the loan rate, but I had a middle score of 691, put 3% down at a "big box" bank, was determined to go conventional, decided on lender-paid mortgage insurance instead of borrower paid PMI, and had lender credits toward closing costs. So all that being said, the interest rate isn't great and I will certainly be on the lookout for refinancing opportunities in the future, but I had a relatively simple and easy pre-approval, application, and closing. Say what you will about big box banks, but my loan officer was super responsive and on the ball every step of the way, and we had a rapid 30-day closing. All in all, I'm a happy first-time homeowner!

Message 57 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS TO YOU, WHAT A BLESSING!! We plan to close by end of the month, got appraisal ordered today.  May I ask why the interest rate with a 691 median score?  Also, did you rate shop?

Message 58 of 95
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS TO YOU, WHAT A BLESSING!! We plan to close by end of the month, got appraisal ordered today.  May I ask why the interest rate with a 691 median score?  Also, did you rate shop?

Thank you! And good luck with your appraisal! That was one of the more nerve-wracking waits, but my appraisal came in at $204, $1,000 over the purchase price. Appraisals coming in at or near the contract price seems to be the trend lately, according to my realtor.

As to your question, I did shop around, though not as formally as I probably should have. Even with a 691, I was quoted for rates around the 4.75-5% range, primarily because I was putting 3% down and wanted to go conventional. I know that it's probably a no-brainer for most to go with the lowest rate quoted and I respect that. But for me personally,  I crunched the numbers and vacilated between FHA and that upfront PMI premium, and lender-paid insurance vs. borrower PMI, and weighed that against the lender credits my final lender offered toward closing and prepaids, I determined that I could not only afford the price difference, but also that it is more cost effective for me to stick with the 5.25 conventional in the short-term. Plus, I was entirely comfortable and confident in my lender, and that's something you can't put a price on for the biggest financial decision in my life. Of course, within a few years it will certainly wind up costing more. I am eyes wide open on that, and on the refinancing that lies in the near future. At the end of the day, though, I've had a rocky financial past, have been rebuilding for years, and even with the comparatively high rate, getting this done still counts as a win for me!

Message 59 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood, definitely a great feeling of accomplishment when good credit wasn't always the case.  I know that feeling.  We're using VA as my husband is a veteran and rate shopped between 3 lenders and chose the best considering all aspects and the overall picture with interest rate and closing costs as well. My husband doesn't want to worry about refinancing later on and honestly I don't either as it creates closing costs again.  Nevertheless, congrats and go enjoy your new home Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.