Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Closers 2014

tag
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Re: August Closers 2014

@LeDiRab wrote:

Just received the CLEAR TO CLOSE! So excited Smiley Happy. Closing is 10:30 am, Fri Aug 1. How am I supposed to concentrate on work from now until then??

Congrats on your clear to close. I can't wait to get the same in a few weeks!!!

Message 21 of 44
lesse
Frequent Contributor

So I think I should join the august forum I'm officially kicked out of July Smiley Sad my lo assured me we could close in July for sure but obviously that didn't happen thank goodness I haven't given nah notice or even packed one thing I'm just waiting to close Smiley Happy

Purchase Price: $145,100 with $7200 repairs (203K FHA) -
Property: Single Family - 1856 sq ft
Toured unit on: 05/27/14
Submitted Offer on: 05/27/14 AND then had to resubmit on 6/6/2014 due to high DTI and thought loan was going to fall through, BUT refi car so numbers would work but fannie mae had already cancelled loan- then had to reofer and ended up in a multi bid - best & final was the original 8k over asking
Signed Purchase Contract on: 06/16/14
Inspection: 06/24/14
Purchase Contract Addendums: 06/16/14
Final Contract: 6/16/2014
Final Earnest $ Received: 5/27/14

Type of Loan: 30 year fixed FHA (203k Streamline)
Loan Rate: 4.25%
Appraisal: 7/9/2014 $154,000
Loan Conditional Approval: 5/6/2014 approval (with no property attached)
Additional Conditions: Pending
Clear to Close: Pending
Closing Date: LO indicated "before the end of the month" Rewritten contract added additional 15 days 8/8/2014 as Fannie mae (seller) gives standard 60 days

i had my credit pulled 4/11/14 due to sub 640 scores.. but now i am above the 640 mark when they repulled on 7/10/2014 so i had a rate drop from 4.75 to 4.25- i guess i get an extra 1/4 percent because of the 203k part (rehab loan). I am reallyyy hoping my loan officer can get my clear to close next week as he indicated is a possibility... fingers crossed and good luck to everyone else
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...it's officially August.  We were hoping to close on 7/31, but our closing attorney isn't available until Aug. 6, so we're scheduled to close then.  (Contract date is Aug. 7.) 

We were approved with conditions on 7/22.  We satisfied all conditions by 7/28 and we were just hanging out waiting on the insurance company to provide evidence of insurance so our file to could go back to underwriting.  The insurance co. completely dropped the ball and didn't get the evidence of insurance back to our LO until 7/30.  THEN the LO just sat on it for a day and then finally sent the file back to underwriting for Clear to Close  yesterday around noon.  He told us we should definitely hear back by this morning.  Then we call this morning to find out if he's heard anything and he tells us, "Yeah, it definitely didn't get reviewed yesterday because it was the end of the month, other people were closing, priority, blah, blah, blah" so there's actually only a 30-40% chance we'll hear back today.  So NOW we're probably not getting the CTC until Monday. 

I realize other folks here have way bigger problems than just hanging out and waiting, but I HATE being lied to.  If you know my file won't be back until next Monday, just tell me.  Don't lead me to believe that at any second today I'll get the call!!!  Grrrr.... 

Message 23 of 44
physicist82
Regular Contributor

We are supposed to close Aug 6 but we haven't heard anything from our lender since midafternoon on Friday. 

They didn't even get us approval with conditions until late Thursday afternoon. Supposedly all the conditions info we returned was good. 

BUT then the underwriter found an amount for 220 on the title insurance report. It was under the property tax annual amount and it said county sewer on it. She thought it was an annual assessment that we would have to pay like property taxes so she added the 18.mon to our mortgage pymt and it threw us over our DTI based on SO's base salary. 

I talked to my realtor and she had her title insurance person try to contact our LO and the processor but no one answered across the span of hours. It wasn't an annual assessment at all. It was a past due sewer bill that the sellers hadn't paid and their bank had already agreed to pay it at closing for them. Not our responsibility in any way. 

Unfortunately during the DTI question the U/W said that even though the income can be verified on SO's paychecks and taxes that the verfication of employment that came from his company did not match the paycheck numbers so now they have to get an updated VOE from the employer. The employer told us that it would take 7 days and they would only make a manual correction if there was actually an error. I tried telling them this and got no response across a span of hours. 

Finanlly I Figured out why the numbers didn't match....it was because there are some imputed income categories on his check that they add just so he can get taxed off the amount, but they aren't real income so aren't included on the VOE. I tried telling them this. 3 calls to processor, like 5 to our LO, emails galore including a detailed email adding up every number on his paycheck proving that they matched the VOE and I got no response. On the day financing was supposed to be done!!!!! they had said they were working on it.....but after multiple emails and texts I finally get a text back from my LO saying he's not near his email that he is on a date. A DATE!!!!

Now we are past our deadline so hopefully the VOE gets fixed with my explanation....if it doesn't and they want to go the route through the employer then we can't close because that will take 7 days Smiley Sad

Its like they completely ignored our warnings...they just kept saying "we are sure this will be good to go as soon as we get the VOE to match"

Message 24 of 44
brightsprite
Valued Member

Any word yet? I can't believe the LO was so insensitive. 

@physicist82 wrote:

We are supposed to close Aug 6 but we haven't heard anything from our lender since midafternoon on Friday. 

They didn't even get us approval with conditions until late Thursday afternoon. Supposedly all the conditions info we returned was good. 

BUT then the underwriter found an amount for 220 on the title insurance report. It was under the property tax annual amount and it said county sewer on it. She thought it was an annual assessment that we would have to pay like property taxes so she added the 18.mon to our mortgage pymt and it threw us over our DTI based on SO's base salary. 

I talked to my realtor and she had her title insurance person try to contact our LO and the processor but no one answered across the span of hours. It wasn't an annual assessment at all. It was a past due sewer bill that the sellers hadn't paid and their bank had already agreed to pay it at closing for them. Not our responsibility in any way. 

Unfortunately during the DTI question the U/W said that even though the income can be verified on SO's paychecks and taxes that the verfication of employment that came from his company did not match the paycheck numbers so now they have to get an updated VOE from the employer. The employer told us that it would take 7 days and they would only make a manual correction if there was actually an error. I tried telling them this and got no response across a span of hours. 

Finanlly I Figured out why the numbers didn't match....it was because there are some imputed income categories on his check that they add just so he can get taxed off the amount, but they aren't real income so aren't included on the VOE. I tried telling them this. 3 calls to processor, like 5 to our LO, emails galore including a detailed email adding up every number on his paycheck proving that they matched the VOE and I got no response. On the day financing was supposed to be done!!!!! they had said they were working on it.....but after multiple emails and texts I finally get a text back from my LO saying he's not near his email that he is on a date. A DATE!!!!

Now we are past our deadline so hopefully the VOE gets fixed with my explanation....if it doesn't and they want to go the route through the employer then we can't close because that will take 7 days Smiley Sad

Its like they completely ignored our warnings...they just kept saying "we are sure this will be good to go as soon as we get the VOE to match"

Scores: EX: 690 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016; EQ: 695 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016); TU: 715 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016)
Message 25 of 44
janie1234
Established Member

We had originally targeted the 5th of August as our close date, but that is today and it’s not happening. I know we are so close to the end of this process but with school starting next week I’m just ready to get in and get the boys settled. Praying the chimney cap is repaired today and that the appraiser signs off on the repairs.  UPDATES IN ORANGE, MOST RECENT UPDATES IN PINK

Home Location: Lake Charles, LA

Purchase Price: $197,500

Property: SFH - 2550 sq ft

Submitted Offer on: 06/25/14

Signed Contract on: 06/29/14

Lender Name: Michael (Broker). 

Notes about Lender: Excellent job has made the process very painless and answered my million questions as if I was the first person to ever ask them. 

Type of Loan: VA 30yr fixed

Inspection: 7/3/2014

Purchase contract addendums: 6/29/14

Loan Rate: 3.75%

Application submitted: 7/3/2014

Went to underwriting: 7/7/2014

Appraisal Ordered: 7/10/2014

Underwriting: Loan Approved w/conditions (7/21/2014); filled all conditions w/ the exception of final appraisal

Appraisal Completed: 7/31/2014 (appraised at full purchase price but chimney cap must be repaired) 8/5 – still waiting on seller to complete this repair and appraiser to approve. Packed and ready to go just waiting on this one stupid hold up. Seller repaired chimney cap (8/6) waiting on final appraisal inspection (of course it's pouring down rain today)  New issue a previously removed dispute comment has appeared again, processors working on removin it again. I'm almost to the point where I just laugh so I dont cry.  (Total loan process time so far - 42 days)  8/11 - Appraiser finaly went back out and looked at the repairs.  8/12 - submitted final appraisal after 1:00 pm.  LO called that evening and said the file being reviewed and that in order to fight the disputes they submitted under LP instead of DU, and got an accept/approve message.  He said we should get clear to close on 8/13 and will set our closing for 8/15.  8/13 - waiting for that clear to close phone call.

Final Approval: 

Closing Date: 

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 26 of 44
ladyvwj
New Contributor

We were originally part of the June closers group but got pushed out... we are just waiting for our loan to fund and get the keys. We signed Friday for our sale and two weeks ago for our purchase. Our purchase is contingent upon our sale.

Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are still playing the waiting game as well.  We are scheduled to close tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., but we're still waiting on our official clear to close.  We had two conditions come back from the underwriter yesterday regarding the dec page of the insurance and the source of funds for the down payment.  We satisfied those yesterday and I'm just checking my e-mail like a crazy person for the official "CLEAR TO CLOSE" from our LO. 

Hang in there, everyone!  We're almost done!

Message 28 of 44
salem

I've been following and reading this forum for a few months now since we been in the process of building our home.  I've learned so much from this site and thank you all for sharing your stories and giving advice!  This is our 3rd home purchase, but probably the most stressful (completely in my mind, hasn't actually been!). 

Home Location:  Ohio

Purchase Price:  $162,500

Total sq ft:  1965

Signed Contract on:  3/30/14, dig date was 5/15, final walk through is 8/18

Lender Name:  Ryan

Notes about Lender:   We are going through our builder's preferred Lender simply because they're paying all of our closing costs!  Ryan has been great!  He has called on evenings AND weekends to answer my questions.  His emails and phonecalls are prompt and I've never waited more than one day for him to respond.  He always is kind and says to call whenever I have any questions or if I think of anything else.  His loan processer has been wonderful as well.  She always gets back to me the same day and also has been very helpful.  Honestly I haven't had to call very often and that's been nice.  So far, it's been a smooth process and I keep waiting for the ball to drop!! 

Type of Loan:  FHA 30 year

Loan Rate:  4.25%

Application Submitted:  4/3/14

Underwriting:  1st round happened around 4/15/14  Rec'd conditional approval and our list of about 10 conditions.  Most were very easy like continuing to submit our pay stubs, bank statements.  They needed another copy of our drivers license and were missing a w-2 from last year.  They needed our landlord name & info etc.

Appraisal:  7/29/14

Underwriting 2nd round:  I wasn't even sure of the exact date it went back to underwriting but I was told we needed two things: Verification of Rent, and our Appraisal. We got both of them last week!

Final Approval:  Today I called to see where we were at with things and I was told we had FINAL APPROVAL!!!   She is going to review the file to make sure everything is signed and that they are not missing anything and then send it to the closing company for final figures!

Closing date:  Scheduled for 8/21/14 at 10:00 a.m.  our final walk through on the home is exactly 3 days before closing! 

I'm so excited for this whole process to be over and get into our new home. The last few years have been difficult for us and our family and we're ready for some positive things to happen!  I can't believe I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! THANK YOU GOD!  August 21st can't come fast enough Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing in 24 hours, still haven't recieved official clear to close. Lo assures us all is good, but I'm nervous.
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.