Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question - Refinance

tag
BSBRose21
Contributor

Authorized User Question - Refinance

My Dad is looking to do a cash out refinance or home equity loan on his primary home.  He was preapproved to do a FHA Cash Out Refinance depending on appraisal, but I am a little worried because he has two accounts that I am the primary account holder and he is an authorized user.   We have shared the responsibility of using and paying the bill, but he is a cash only person so the payment is automatically deducted from my account and he gives me a cash payment.

If he doesn't have these accounts, he doesn't have much credit history.  Will this be a issue for him? Will the loan be denied because of this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Authorized User Question - Refinance

Depends on if the lender has overlays or not.  FHA doesn't say anything about authorized user accounts not being able to be used, but each lender may have their own guideline.  Won't be an issue with most lenders.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
BSBRose21
Contributor

What about doing a conventional cash out refinance?

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

No difference.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.