Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Finance company didn't report the positive stuff

tag
gidget
New Contributor

Auto Finance company didn't report the positive stuff

I bought a used car several years back and had $1,500 of the cost financed by an auto financing company.  I made my payments every month, on time for a year until it was closed.  I thought this would improve my credit.  Well, it's time for me to buy another car so I pulled my CRs.  The finance company only reported two payments as "ok" for the entire length of the loan, two random months.  All the other months are listed as "no information".  I contacted the company several times.  They finally said they will notify EX and EQ (my loans isn't listed with EQ) that the debt is "paid in full" but can neither update the monthly reporting nor anything with TransUnion because they "don't work with them anymore."

Would "paid in full" be as good as "paid on time, in full" for the new finance company to see on my report?  Would it raise my score?  Also, is there anyway I can get the old finance company to report the other months? Since this isn't really a "dispute" but more a request for missing information, which has been denied, I'm lost as to what to do next.  Any advice? 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Finance company didn't report the positive stuff

The important thing is whether any late payments are listed - that's really what a new auto lender is going to be concerned about. If the previous loan was opened on xx/xx/xx and closed on yy/yy/yy, and number of late payments = 0, it would indicate that all payments during the loan period were OK.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.