Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Credit Union??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Credit Union??

I have a auto loan in my name for my wifes vehicle...My question is the loan is about 2 years old and down to about 11,000 owed...should i refinance with my credit union now that im a member...or stay with chase
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Credit Union??

Who has lower rates and is your credit better than when you first got your car?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Credit Union??

We refinanced an ATV purchase that was originally through Yamaha after 2 years through a local credit union once the low interest introductory period was over. The interest rate offered by the credit union was significantly less than Yamaha was offering. We later used the credit union for an auto loan and again received a significantly lower interest rate than anyone else was offering. One of the nice things about our CU was that if you are applying as husband and wife they used the higher of the FICO scores to determine the interest rate. Don't know what your CUs policies are. I would definitely check it out if you can get a better interest rate. One issue you may run into though is that our credit union would only loan based on the value of the car and if you were upside down when you originally purchased, you may not be able to get enough to pay off the existing loan.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.