Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan never reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan never reported

Hello all.

I got an auto loan maybe 5 or 6 years ago, a 4 year loan paid off in 3 years, while i was in college.  It was through a local small town bank, and has never shown on up on my credit reports.  Is this a normal occurance?  Is there anything I can or should do about this?  I feel kind of short-changed by this.  It is like part of my credit history never existed.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto loan never reported

if you're sure you made all of the payments ontime, give them a call and ask them to report. 
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

1. Check all 3 CRAs
2.  Maybe the loan company had wrong info (name,SSN) on your so it was reported to someone else.
3.  Maybe they only report of late/default.  My ADT account, Bally, cable, cell phone comes to mind.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

you said it was a local bank, they probably dont report unless seriously late. just like private mortgages that are not reported. can be good and can be bad.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I found out some information.  My bank doesn't report to the credit bureaus.  They plan to report in the future.  They would provide a letter stating my history to aid in obtaining credit in the future.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.