Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Pre Approval

tag
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

Automated Pre Approval

I received automated preapproval, but I'm yet to find a house. Once I find my house I assume I will have to submit my documentation but I'm not sure what happens next. My preapproval says that final approval will be made by the SC Housing Authority (which is providing me downpayment assistance).

Is the final approval the same as manual underwriting? I really don't want a very stressful process, which is why I cleared up everything I could to get automated approval.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mlearma
New Contributor

Re: Automated Pre Approval

I also got the DU automated approval.  We are doing a VA loan.  We might as well be giving the lender our first born.  I think our paperwork exceeds 150 pages that we have provided.  They just keep coming back for more and more.  Hopefully we will have the all clear on Monday.  It has been more than stressful.  Hopefully you have a good broker with open communication.

PS...my scores are 691, 681 and 680 and my DH is 815, 805 and 748.

Message 2 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@mlearma wrote:

I also got the DU automated approval.  We are doing a VA loan.  We might as well be giving the lender our first born.  I think our paperwork exceeds 150 pages that we have provided.  They just keep coming back for more and more.  Hopefully we will have the all clear on Monday.  It has been more than stressful.  Hopefully you have a good broker with open communication.

PS...my scores are 691, 681 and 680 and my DH is 815, 805 and 748.

Good grief!  All I had to submit were two months of bank statements, 401K, DL, SS#, and pay stubs.  Of course the loan app and assorted docs that are universally required. Is VA typically that bad?

Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@JGWantsAHouse wrote:

I received automated preapproval, but I'm yet to find a house. Once I find my house I assume I will have to submit my documentation but I'm not sure what happens next. My preapproval says that final approval will be made by the SC Housing Authority (which is providing me downpayment assistance).

Is the final approval the same as manual underwriting? I really don't want a very stressful process, which is why I cleared up everything I could to get automated approval.

After you have a signed purchase agreement, then the LO will start gathering docs and getting your file together for the underwriter.  In my case, after the appraisal came back, and my file was together, then the file went to the HUMAN underwriter for FINAL approval.  I didn't get put through manual underwrite until we had the purchase agreement, and it was stressful to wait for that, but since you already have that, I think that's a good sign.  I went FHA so the steps may be different if you are doing a different kind of loan.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

@JGWantsAHouse wrote:

After you have a signed purchase agreement, then the LO will start gathering docs and getting your file together for the underwriter.  In my case, after the appraisal came back, and my file was together, then the file went to the HUMAN underwriter for FINAL approval.  I didn't get put through manual underwrite until we had the purchase agreement, and it was stressful to wait for that, but since you already have that, I think that's a good sign.  I went FHA so the steps may be different if you are doing a different kind of loan.

True every file has to be processed by a live person for approval.

Message 5 of 6
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

Thanks All. I think I found the house. Putting the offer in tomorrow, I am sooo nervous!  This is the part I've been dreading because everyone says it was so stressful!

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.