Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A mortgage w/ score under 620

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

B of A mortgage w/ score under 620

I'm currently going through the home mortage loan process w/ BofA.  My wife has a middle score of 718 and I have a score of 590.  We were told by thier loan officer they could approve us w/out a minimum score.  We have been preapproved, provided documentation, and they are processing the loan, w/ a closing date of November 30. 

My question is, how can BofA provide a loan for us when we were turned down everywhere else?  W/ a closing date quickly approaching, it would be comforting to know the reasons they can!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Re: B of A mortgage w/ score under 620

I've heard that BOA will approve those with less than a 620.  The fact that your wife has a score over 700 helps too. 
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear I'm not the only one who's heard that as well!
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

bofa has always been able to do this.... if they like the file.

if i were to wholesale a loan to them though, they would want it to be 620

bofa and wells fargo should always be your source for sub 620 deals

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
canitbedone

Why is this? I wonder because I'm starting to feel a little skeptical since our file is in uw with Wells Fargo at this very moment and I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear back.  It's supposedly been in uw all week and we were supposed to have an answer today, but I tried to email our LO and get an out of office reply...aaaggghhh!!!!!!! I can't take another weekend of not knowing...our midscore is 616, just four points shy of the golden line and this is after we paid our only revolving account down from over the limit to 9%.  We made it through automated underwriting and were given a preapproval...our LO says we are good and gives us a 99.9% chance of closing the deal, but it just seems too good to be true and I'm just waiting for the ball to drop.  So, do you see Wells Fargo pull this type of loan off, should I really believe him?? I just want those keys, this whole process is KILLING me, I don't even know if it's worth it anymoreSmiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

typically, what kills the deals with sub 620 scores isn't the score..... but the reasons for the low scores.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.