Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA/Green Tree transfer and my credit report

tag
PsychoWmn1
New Visitor

BOA/Green Tree transfer and my credit report

I had my home mortgage through BOA for 10 years. I had set up automatic bi-weekly payments and was therefore never late with a payment. In April 2008, I filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, but kept the house and the automatic bi-weekly payments. In March 2013, BOA sold my mortgage to GreenTree Servicing. It's been a nightmare, but it's finally coming together. 

My problem occurred today when I requested a copy of my free credit report. Green Tree Servicing has added a negative report on my credit dating back to 2008 when the bankruptcy occurred.  There is already the hit from BOA as they were the lender at that time. Green Tree wasn't even a twinkle in anyones eye regarding my mortgage in 2008. How can they be allowed to hit my credit like that?

I've sent a dispute notice to Experian, but I still have to check Equifax and Transunion. I'm trying really hard to get back on track, but if each time my mortgage gets transferred the new company has the right to add to my negative credit, how will I ever get ahead?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.