Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA loan modification with partial credit

tag
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

BOA loan modification with partial credit

This is pretty long:

Finally after years of back and forth and bs, we were finally able to get a trial modification for our loan.  we were able to get the loan modification with Partial clam.  Great news, then I get a letter on Saturday ( the day 1st modified payment was due) saying that an escrow acct review was done on our acct and the difference between what the trial payment due and what they are saying the escrow review is approx $200 more a month.  

So I called BOA and the associate informed me that we only have to pay the trial payment and the escrow will be reviewed at the end of the 3 month trial.  But im a little leary of taking their word because I know their history.  So when I read the modification agreement, it states: I agree to forward servicer amounts (in addition to those being made in connection with trial payment) required to permit escrow to maintain sufficient balance...failureto forward servicer sufficient funds to maintain escrow ccount shall constitute default, and at servicer's option, this plan may be terminated immediately without notice to me.

Anyone have any insight? I made sure I wrote everything the associate said, but I am unsure if I should just continue to making the trial payments or if I should pay the increased amount.  I just don't want them to try to take advantage, because of course the letter came the day the payment was due.  That is the NUMBER 1 thing that has me on alert 

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: BOA loan modification with partial credit

I'm sure you'd owe the difference eventually.  So as long as BofA would take the higher payment (including the $200) then if it was me that would be the amount I'd pay each month and specify that the extra $200 is to be applied to your escrow account.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

I'm sure you'd owe the difference eventually.  So as long as BofA would take the higher payment (including the $200) then if it was me that would be the amount I'd pay each month and specify that the extra $200 is to be applied to your escrow account.

^^^Yes, this is what I would do too.

Message 3 of 4
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

thank you guys, I am going to just make the additional escrow acct payments

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.