Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUY Here PAY Here.....GA

tag
slowlyclimbing2007
Established Member

BUY Here PAY Here.....GA

I recently had an auto repo. The car was in my name and an ex's and the transmission was going out on a 1,000.00 car that had 3,000.00 left owed. I let the car go. Bad idea. I am looking for a buy here pay here place in Georgia that is reputable. I am a single mother and need something dependable. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BUY Here PAY Here.....GA

I wouldn't. They generally do not report and the rates are terrible. Can you buy a beater with cash and let time pass?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slowlyclimbing2007 wrote:
I recently had an auto repo. The car was in my name and an ex's and the transmission was going out on a 1,000.00 car that had 3,000.00 left owed. I let the car go. Bad idea. I am looking for a buy here pay here place in Georgia that is reputable. I am a single mother and need something dependable. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

In Douglasville is Kellee Kars... AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

They are unscrupulous collectors if you're even a day late! They used to harass me at work, and tell anyone else who'd answer the phone that I needed to come pay my car note (Illegal!). They sell crap cars, and overcharge like nuts! They sold me everything from cars with leaks to cars with dead transmissions to salvage titles. RUN AWAY!!

I used Drivetime in GA after that, and they were ok... if you don't mind a 29% loan, $1000 down. I had 4 years on an 8 year old car, 80K miles, and my payments were OVER $400!! Granted, I had a minivan, so you might be better off with a car from them. However, Drivetime IS professional and nice, and they will work with you. They don't immediately report lates, and you can usually catch up before they have anything to report. They also will move you into lower interest rates after your first vehicle, but only down to about 22%. You're better off applying at a real dealership.

If you MUST, then go to drivetime, then get something cheap, get it for only 2 years, and then move to a real loan again after that. But if you can buy something cheap for cash and hold off until 13 months after the repo, then do that! With a down payment, most loan places will reconsider after 13 months, especially if you pay your other bills on time, and have no other auto baddies. then, you won't have such an extortionate interest rate.

Hope this helps!
Message 3 of 5
slowlyclimbing2007
Established Member

Thanks for the advice. I was also wondering how long before I could buy with the repo. That helps.  i have a lot of medical and utility bills to straighten out and do not know where to begin. I might just wait until next month and go buy one for cash....Seems to be the best choice.
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Depends.. each lender has different requirements. I would think you could get financing after a year passes.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.