Valued Member
jropeter

Back End DTI Ratio

Hello guys,

So I recently found a property, was pre-approved through Chase, as I am an employee there. I found a property and they accepted my offer. I applied for a conventional loan, have 20% down, and the guy doing my stuff for my financing said I have an 80/20 chance of making it through underwriting because my back-end debt to income is at 43.5%. My question for you mortgage guru's out there is.....what are my chances of getting approved? They pulled a credit score of 762. Thanks!!!

Discover IT $8.2k | AmEx BCE 7.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.2k | Paypal $1.6k| Cap1 Venture $7500 (AU)

Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 732 (12/2013) FICO EQ: 776 (FICO 04/2014) FICO TU: 735 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor

Re: Back End DTI Ratio

The 43% rule is for files that do not get an automated approval - you should be fine unless they have established an overlay that requires all loans to be at or les than 43%?

I think you will be fine if not there are other banks that will do the loan for you

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker Lending in all 50 states -
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Back End DTI Ratio

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+