Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back End DTI Ratio

tag
jropeter
New Contributor

Back End DTI Ratio

Hello guys,

So I recently found a property, was pre-approved through Chase, as I am an employee there. I found a property and they accepted my offer. I applied for a conventional loan, have 20% down, and the guy doing my stuff for my financing said I have an 80/20 chance of making it through underwriting because my back-end debt to income is at 43.5%. My question for you mortgage guru's out there is.....what are my chances of getting approved? They pulled a credit score of 762. Thanks!!!

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Back End DTI Ratio

The 43% rule is for files that do not get an automated approval - you should be fine unless they have established an overlay that requires all loans to be at or les than 43%?

I think you will be fine if not there are other banks that will do the loan for you

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Back End DTI Ratio

If the 43.5% backend ratio is the only "issue" then it should be a slam dunk.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.