Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in underwriting! **APPROVED 05/21**

tag
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Back in underwriting! **APPROVED 05/21**

That's interesting.  When did they do the appraisal?  Ours was done several weeks ago. They use the builder's plans to do it.  Then you just need a final inspection, where the appraiser confirms that the house that was built conforms to the plans they were given.  All the utilities have to be on, everything has to be done.  But it's a quicker turnaround, as they're simply confirming the previous appraisal based on a completed structure rather than plans. 

Message 91 of 100
AppleJacks
Established Member

I feel that way too from our LO.  That's why I'm not more excited about our closing appointment.  I'll be excited when we walk out of closing with the keys in our hand.  My husband says he won't be excited until the paperwork is filed, lol.  I feel like we spend all day everyday waiting on bad news or more crazy requests.  It's terrible but until closing I won't be comfortable about any of this. 

Hang in there!  It's almost over Smiley Happy

Message 92 of 100
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Ours was done like a month before we closed. Right after it was completed she emailed me a copy of it.

Message 93 of 100
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@AppleJacks wrote:

I feel that way too from our LO.  That's why I'm not more excited about our closing appointment.  I'll be excited when we walk out of closing with the keys in our hand.  My husband says he won't be excited until the paperwork is filed, lol.  I feel like we spend all day everyday waiting on bad news or more crazy requests.  It's terrible but until closing I won't be comfortable about any of this. 

Hang in there!  It's almost over Smiley Happy

We won't even get our keys for another 2 days after our closing appointment! Here you don't get keys until the loan is funded and recorded with the county recorder's office...so even though we sign on Tuesday, no keys until Thursday. Smiley Sad

Message 94 of 100
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Take a copy of the spec key to lowes.

Message 95 of 100
AppleJacks
Established Member

LOL I agree with Tooleman694.  Don't think they will arrest you for breaking into your own house Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 100
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Online status changed from "Approved" to "In Closing"...good sign! Smiley Very Happy

Also...I kept thinking Tuesday was the closing date since that's when we sign, but officially it's when we get the keys, which is on Thursday...so I guess we can't really relax until then, I was hoping Tuesday would be the end of this whole ordeal.

Message 97 of 100
AppleJacks
Established Member

Soon this will all be a memory for you! Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 100
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Talked to the title company today and they said they are waiting for approval from the lender...not approval for the loan, which they said is approved and good to go, but for approval on the paperwork they (the title company) did. Good stuff! Smiley Very Happy

Message 99 of 100
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Of course this can't just end smoothly, can it? Nope. Checked with the title company to see if the HUD-1 was ready and they said the HUD-1 was rejected by the lender, so the title lady had to correct it and resubmit it...now have to wait until Monday for it.

Message 100 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.