Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backend DTI

Hi all, My wife and I are going to be applying for a mortgage in the next couple of weeks.  We had been working with someone at Wells Fargo but his last day is Wednesday.  He was telling us during our prequalification that the backend could be as high as 45%.  Is this just a Wells Fargo thing? or do all lenders go as high as 45% on a conventional mortgage?  This will be a 5% down loan.  My scores are now in the mid 700's

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HumbleLobster
Established Member

Re: Backend DTI

I'm closing tomorrow on a Wells Fargo backed loan.  My LO has been with them for ~15 years and said that the UW doesn't get concerned with backend DTI unless its right at 45% or beyond.  My midscore was 745 and I got away with 5% down with a backend of 41%.  Never once had an issue.  I mentioned it and the LO wasn't even worried.

Starting Score: TU: 767 EQ: 727 EX: ?? (5/10/12)
Current Score: TU: 745 EQ: 736 EX: 793 (7/11/12 Lender Pull)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Backend DTI

From what I understand you cannot go above 45 percent with conventional. FHA you can flex it further, but you have lower loan limits.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.